Whole30 for April

Options

Replies

• Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I want to. Oh, God I want to, but I'm not sure I can risk it at the moment.

I mentioned doing a Whole30 to my mother and the first thing she said, staring me in the eye was "You'll lose weight again" and - goddammit - I think she's right. Not counting calories at this point and not implementing a bit of dairy (cottage cheese, mozerella on my veggies, etc) will mean weight loss for me - particularly because I'm not that big a fan of coconut oil or drinking coconut milk.

Sure, I can still make gains or maintain on a Whole30, but I'm not sure I can risk it at this point - when I'm at my goal of 60kg (BMI 22) I'll gladly join a Whole30, but holy crap am I jealous of you lot right now - my Whole30 was extremely relaxing.
    I *might* join in a "not count calories but still eat a good bit of dairy" kinda way, or if I can find some good substitutes I like to keep the cals up. I'm not sure.

Anyway, good luck and enjoy your Whole30 - I now I sure as hell did. :)
  • pinkbullets
    pinkbullets Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I did all my shopping yesterday and I can't wait to start tomorrow!
  • greenmeena
    greenmeena Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I've been on for a whole week, so I'm with you!
  • happyheathen927
    happyheathen927 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm in for my 2nd one, but I'll still be tracking my food. I tend to drop too low on my calories if I don't. :/
  • KellyL23
    KellyL23 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I just started one today too! I am very excited. I am going to try not to step on the scale, that will be the hard part for me.
  • Thegle
    Thegle Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yup I'm in and "scale is not my friend" anyway so no issue not seeing it until the end of the month. Feel free to friend me.
  • charliesangel13
    charliesangel13 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Started my 2nd whole30 yesterday. Could use more paleo/primal peeps on my list. Feel free to add! :-)
  • rmk20togo
    rmk20togo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Oh, man! I was so in until I read through the Whole30 guidelines and realized I have to give up my almond milk lattes because of the sugar free syrup! :noway: :noway: I officially started Crossfit today and thought it would be a great combo.

I am interested to watch y'all progress. Good Luck!!
  • LisaGNV
    LisaGNV Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Started today. Feel free to add me as a friend but please mention Whole30 in the add request.

It's my first Whole30 and reading the book has been a major eye opener for me. If you have the opportunity/resources available to read it - DOOOOOO ITTTTTT.

I've already put my scale in my kids bathroom (because really, teenagers? no way I'm going in THAT room)... I'm too OCD not to log my food so I'll still be doing that I'm sure.
  • kerrylee54
    Options
    I'm in for my second!
  • Quinnstinct
    Quinnstinct Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today, need to clean the fridge out from Easter tonight. Fingers crossed!
  • sjglancy
    sjglancy Posts: 13
    Options
    As long as today doesn't count, I'm in! lol. This is something I've been wanting to try.
  • chasingpavements24
    chasingpavements24 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it! I just started yesterday. I've been reading testimonials all day today, and I'm pretty excited! I've been having issues with my skin, low energy levels, anxiety/depression, and, of course, want to lose some weight. If Whole30 helps me out with any ONE of those things, I will consider it a success. I also really want to prove to myself that I have the discipline to do this.
  • olegirlfit
    Options
    I'll join too!
  • Meadows18
    Meadows18 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I started on March 25.
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I started on March 25.

How's it going for you?
  • ksellen1
    ksellen1 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I've been having issues with my skin, low energy levels, anxiety/depression, and, of course, want to lose some weight. If Whole30 helps me out with any ONE of those things, I will consider it a success. I also really want to prove to myself that I have the discipline to do this.

I struggle with skin issues too and mine actually got pretty clear when I did this in Feb. I have a hunch its due to giving up dairy. I also have anxiety, which only acts up occasionally, but I have found that it hasn't been an issue in situations that would normally set it off. I think that's because I just FEEL so much better.

Good luck!!!
  • chkn_WANG_Train
    Options
    One week!!! Feeling good!
  • chkn_WANG_Train
    Options
    One week!!! Feeling good!

Update: I feel great! I've been waking up earlier, easier. Brain seems to feel a bit less foggy. I'm pooping on the super regs, in a good way. I've managed my sugar cravings fairly well, trying to keep fruit servings to one or two per day.

I've been struggling with leg pain and back pain. After a few days my leg was feeling better but it has regressed again.

Have not lost any weight, but we will see what the next three weeks bring,
  • xrachelpx
    Options
    Yes I'm doing it. Feel free to add me I could do with more support :)