The raging appetite returneth!

Options
purple_tux1
purple_tux1 Posts: 250 Member
Argh! I am on vacation right now and eating some things I normally don't. My raging appetite has returned such that I've woken up hungry in the middle of the night *twice* even after eating lots of food before bed. It's extremely annoying to see everybody around me being satisfied by "normal" foods while I go and eat them and I'm just hungrier than before. Like my sister, who's thin, was debating the other night whether to have a 2nd slice of pizza. Finally she decided she was definately still hungry and had another slice. I wish I could do that! I could eat 6 slices and still be hungry, LOL, sigh.

Well, enough whining, I know what I have to do....

Replies

• purple_tux1
    Options
    Oh yeah, and they have dessert every night. Brownies, apple crumble with icecream, ginger snap cookies. I hate comparing myself to my normal-weight sister, but it's bleeping annoying.
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    So now you know what are definite triggers for you. Lessons learned. Even on vacation though, you are in control of what you eat. Trying buying better food or being the one to cook the meals for the day or being the one in charged of where you eat. Vacation shouldn't be a vacation from your healthy lifestyle but a celebration of healthy good times. We too often give our selves permission to vacation from our healthy lifestyle when going on vacation and then wonder why we come back weighing 10 pounds more than when we left. It's your ife and all your work you might be throwing out the door. And if you are experience 'peer pressure', from the sister, get her to acknowledge that you aren't the same people and should be able to accept your differences and stil enjoy each other's complany.
  • Kate1217
    Kate1217 Posts: 13
    Options
    Isn't that the worst?! I usually just forget the diet on vacation then deal with the ramifications at home. Protein heavy, super low carb for a couple of days gets me back on track.
  • purple_tux1
    Options
    Thanks! I'm getting back on track now and very happy to leave the grains behind!
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    This is every low carbers nightmare.find some heavy fat options over there and eat them all before bedtime!