Let me introduce myself - I'm a newbie

Options
2»

Replies

• californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Hi Diane and welcome. I know what you mean about the slow done. It has taken me 2 years to lose a total of 40 pounds. The first 30 fell off me. LOL You are in the right place though being here. We are a good group and really encourage one an other. Good luck on your journey.
  • Arosebloom1
    Arosebloom1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Annette. I just joined this group tonight. I live in Indianapolis, IN. :smile:
  • californiagirl1950
    Options
    Hi Annette, welcome to our group. You will find lots of encouragement here. We have a chat page and a weekly challenge, although, I have not put them up this week. Guess we are on break. lol Good luck in your journey.
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Hi Diane and Annette,

Welcome. I joined MFP a year ago and lost about 15 lbs. The first 10 lbs. came off quickly, but these last 10 are giving me fits. Up and down all the time.

No matter how much you have to lose, this is a great place to be. We all provide lots of encouragement to each other and share ideas how about how we might do better. I've even made friends with others who have food allergies like I do. It's great not to be alone on this journey,

@californiagirl--I miss the challenges, but maybe we do need a break. I will try to find some new challenges for us this week and get back to you.

Have a great day everyone.:laugh:
  • ranchmimi
    ranchmimi Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Welcome Linda! I joined back in March of this year, and this is a wonderful place to find support and motivation. I had done it on my own since Oct 2011 but the dreaded plateau got to me - and I think I'm back on track again! Read some of the success stories and I promise you will be motivated! Enjoy
  • gloriadowney
    Options
    Hi! My name is Gloria. My husband and I retired to Northern California in 2007. We live in a small mountain community. I look forward to losing weight for my health and make walking easier. I have osteoarthritis in both knees. Have lost weight several times and put most of it back on. Hopefully I am successful this time.
  • ranchmimi
    ranchmimi Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Welcome Gloria! I know what you are saying about losing and gaining weight - hopefully this will be our last time in losing - I am not going to gain it again!! Maybe, after all these years of dieting both successfully and unsuccessfully, I have made the lifestyle change to eat healthily and I am satisfied with my food! I am never hungry any more and that is an accomplishment! Good luck to you - and if you want to friend me you are welcome to!
  • californiagirl1950
    Options
    "Hi! My name is Gloria. My husband and I retired to Northern California in 2007. We live in a small mountain community. I look forward to losing weight for my health and make walking easier. I have osteoarthritis in both knees. Have lost weight several times and put most of it back on. Hopefully I am successful this time. "

Hi Gloria, welcome to our group. We are very good to encourage each other and you can friend me if you like. What city did you retire to, if I might ask? I am in Cloverdale myself. 90 miles straight up from SF. Your small mountain community sounds so nice and of course being a native Californian, I was wondering if it is a town I might of visited at some point.

Well good luck on your journey and just remember slow and steady wins this race. I look at my exercise not as a way to lose weight, although that is a bonus, but more as a way to hopefully continue movement as the years pass on by. Most of us here have arthritis plus other things going on, so it is nice to have a group that understands all of that! Oh and we also have a weekly challenge starting on Mondays and ending on Sunday. I try to post them by Sunday evening. Come join us and if you have any ideas for it, please feel free to let us know.