New to clean eating

Options
skyslady1
skyslady1 Posts: 55 Member
Just learning some interesting things about clean eating. Im having trouble with sugar though. I dont know what could be a tasty substitute so for now Im using honey.
Looking for a clean eating member to buddy up with.

Replies

• kshay89
    kshay89 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Raw, natural honey is a better option for you than white sugar...but it's still sugar. What are you trying to sweeten?

When I first started eating clean, I used honey to sweeten everything because my sweet tooth was aching. After I did more reading, I decided that sweet things needed to be a treat, not a daily occurence. You're tastebuds will eventually get used to not having sweet things on a regular basis and that will make your treats more special.

Good luck on your journey! I haven't been doing this long (only a month) but the changes have been drastic and I feel so much better. I don't plan on ever returning to my old habits.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I use raw honey to sweeten plain greek yogurt and oatmeal, stevia in coffee and tea. For baking, honey and applesauce are good substitutes. Feel free to add me, my diary is open to friends.
  • lamos1
    lamos1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I use raw honey to sweeten plain greek yogurt and oatmeal, stevia in coffee and tea. For baking, honey and applesauce are good substitutes. Feel free to add me, my diary is open to friends.

Just sent you a friend request!
  • lamos1
    lamos1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I use natural raw honey too, but I do still use white sugar on some things. Like Mac n Cheese...I have to put sugar on mine. I like sweet mac n cheese!

I also use 100% pure maple on things like waffles and oatmeal.
  • springsporong
    springsporong Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Doing a one week detox really helped my sweet cravings. The detox kind of was my way of setting myself and my body up for clean eating. Day 3 of the detox was hard, I had headaches and I was REALLY craving the sweets. But, after the week even some fruits were too sweet.