Day 21 - one legged squats

Options
messy_Missy16
messy_Missy16 Posts: 349 Member
Get ready guys, it's one legged squats today.

You may not be able to do all but try to do at least half normal, half 1 legged.

Remember it's 180 squats today , so it's 90 squats per leg if you're doing all or 45 per leg if you're doing half + 90 normal ok.

Here's a pic

24pymmq.jpg

Use chair for support like this if you're having trouble balancing.

2zhqwkg.jpg

And here's a video link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu-6ywxbu1A

Good luck & happy squatting :)

Replies

• marielaem
    marielaem Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Managed 60 halves - 30 per leg. The rest were "normal".
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Done. Whew! Those were killer. I did them in sets - 25, 25, 20, 20 with 1 min stretch breaks between set, in my office, on my break.

And now I have back-to-back meetings that will have me sitting until 3:00 this afternoon. I feel there is a pretty good chance I will have trouble walking back to my desk after.
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Done this morning. Wow..I can really feel those in my legs!!!
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I haven't been posting every day, but I'm keeping up. No one legged squats here though. Yikes!
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    Sticking to basic squats. 180 done!
  • pjgreen0830
    pjgreen0830 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I was hurting so bad that I took off the 19th and was going to do them on the 20th. I did a few, but I was still hurting pretty bad. Now I'm playing catch up. 210 so far today so that means I still need to do 130 to get both days completed.
  • Smorsb
    Smorsb Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Done!
  • sugah11
    sugah11 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I did 205 squats, none were 1 legged, I have bad knees, did all my squats with weights and curled. Variety, Frog, regular, sumo, curtsey.....
  • atuchon
    atuchon Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Finished!
  • smexime
    smexime Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    180 squats done!!!
  • katanga65
    katanga65 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I did 180 regular squats. Having knee issues so not able to do them. I will try tomorrow.
  • pjgreen0830
    pjgreen0830 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I was hurting so bad that I took off the 19th and was going to do them on the 20th. I did a few, but I was still hurting pretty bad. Now I'm playing catch up. 210 so far today so that means I still need to do 130 to get both days completed.

I didn't make it for both. I need to do 100 more. I'll add them on to the 22nd.
  • yspen42
    yspen42 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Completed last night in sets of 20 using 5 pound weights and bands
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Was not feeling great last night but I will attempt these later today along with day 22.
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    180 squats. And because I couldn't do the one-legged kind (just to sore to even try), I did one really long set. One set of 80...and it took a loooooooong time concentrating on form and not doing any half-assed squats.

Then for the rest...40 then 20 then 20.
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    180 finally done and I m feeling much better also, cold just about gone..just waiting on my sense of smell to come back ;P
  • elissawalther
    elissawalther Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I did 8 on each leg of the one-legged squats, then did regular for the rest. Wish my knees didn't pop so much! And yes, I'm behind... But I'll get there!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Can't do one-legged squats, so I did 190 squats with a combo: Regular, with weights, 3-count down and 1 count up, 2-count down and 2-count up, going down for squat coming up halfway, back down then all the way up. WHEW!!!