You know you are a runner when.....

Options

Replies

• lilmiss_sunshine29
    lilmiss_sunshine29 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You get up at 4.20 am to go out in a snow storm,just to run! :happy:

i can totally relate....not to the snow storm but to the waking at the break of dawn..
    plan to invest in treadmill for winter months so i don't stop running
  • lilmiss_sunshine29
    lilmiss_sunshine29 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You spit in public.

OMG, this! I do this, but only if I am trail running. I don't do it on the pavement. I did this the other day while running and got weird looks lol.

and i used to frown at people that do this hehe
    i have to say i discreetly do it into the bushes because let's face it, I still think spit on the pavement is grosse!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Passing the walkers in the 5K race brings a smile to your face, and you start to count how many you pass.
  • rduhlir
    Options
    You become bummed because no 5Ks fall on days you are off in May.
  • Julie_Donahue
    Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    You find out your job might be ending in June, and you desperately NEED to go for a run.

(Blogged about it here: http://halfajulie.blogspot.com/2013/04/a-major-shift-in-my-thinking.html)
  • stitchtastic
    Options
    You used to walk past people running and think.....God,you must be crazy!......Now you walk past people running and think.....Yeah!I wanna be doing that! :happy:
  • jsidel126
    jsidel126 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I see a female running about my age and I think I want to be doing that...(running)...
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    It's a downpour, but your vertigo has mostly gone away and your cough is more-or-less gone, so you dump your kids on your husband and head out so that you can stay on your training program. Also because you haven't been able to think about anything but running (besides hoping that you'll die) all week.
  • rduhlir
    Options
    You go on vacation and get up early the day you go to an amusement park, knowing you will already walk probably 10 miles that day, just so you can get your run in.
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    you think other people are just plain crazy for staying indoors.
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    A bug flies into your mouth while running and your first thought is "well, it's official, I'm now a runner."
  • likitisplit
    Options
    The shoes you "just have" to show your co-worker are more minimal running shoes you bought at lunch.
  • rduhlir
    Options
    The thought of a stress fracture in your foot devastates you.
  • fitplease
    Options

LOL.

People will step on my feet accidentally and I will feel like they came close to keeping me from running that day. (Even though there is no way they did!)
  • fitplease
    Options
    You step into your everyday sneakers and realize how poorly they fit!

You also question why there is no one to fit you into your dress shoes. After all, not all 7's are alike! (Did someone miss the memo?) ;-)
  • likitisplit
    Options

The thought of a stress fracture in YOUR foot makes me pretty darn upset as it is. Get better!!!
  • rduhlir
    Options
    Some of the replies on Runner's World:

-You scoff at paying $10 for a movie ticket, but you'll happily pay $20 for a 5-K hat you hope lasts less than 30 minutes.
    -When your home decor includes some form of bib display.
    -You have more running clothes than regular clothes.
    -Your Saturday morning runs replace Saturday morning hangovers.
    -You wear compression socks under your work clothes.
    -When you think having 6 out of 10 toe nails ain't bad.
    -Someone asks you how far the beach is, and you say, "2.68 miles, unless you run around the block first. Then it's 3.77 miles."
    -You get an invitation to a wedding and you automatically think about what race the date will conflict with.
    -You try to go for a walk, and the entire time you think about wanting to just break out into a run.
    -You don't get pedicures because they wouldn't know how to respond to your black or missing toenails.
    - When you're driving, you think, "This would be a great road to run on."
    -When you're asked how your weekend was, you can only reply in miles and time splits.
    -You hear "Bad PR" and your first thought is "Keep trying."
    -You read hundreds of comments by runners laughing and agreeing with 99% of them!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    -Someone asks you how far the beach is, and you say, "2.68 miles, unless you run around the block first. Then it's 3.77 miles."
    -You try to go for a walk, and the entire time you think about wanting to just break out into a run.

These two, especially. I'm becoming an expert at what is exactly .25 miles and 1.75 miles away from my house in every direction (warm up walk and three mile run)
  • rduhlir
    Options
    ....out of no where you are looking at endurance packs for your waist.

...it is still months away from your first half, but already you have butterflies and are super excited.
  • melaniefave41
    melaniefave41 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    When you have to switch your evening runs to morning runs so that you can focus during the day, that is, on something other than running!