Thoughts on Second Round Insanity

Options
Hey guys, i'm on day 46 of insanity and going strong. I finally starting to see some results here on my body. I'm thinking on doing a second round when i'm done. After day 63 I'm thinking on taking a week rest. It's just I feel like doing Month 1 over again is a step back. Shouldn't it be a good thing or idea just to do month 2 over again and skip month 1? What are your thoughts on that?

Replies

• YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Go back to Month 1, it will still kick your butt, I assure you. Redoing month 2 won't do much good because your body would already be adapted to the exercises, that's why it would be best to start over from the beginning.
  • dudester82
    Options
    i've been there and am now almost finished with my second round.
    i would also suggest doing the whole thing again. you will be able to do the month 1 exercises quicker and with better form but after all it will still kick your butt. after my first round i thought month 1 would be easy going now but that was definitely not the case. set goals to push yourself (e.g. keeping up with the people on screen, doing plyo circuit without extra breaks, only pause once for 10secs during pure cardio) and you will see results.
  • mangoman1978
    Options
    These sound like good explanations and reasons to me. I think I will follow your advice and start the whole program from the beginning. My body is responding late to all the workouts in terms of inches lost, but it starting now and I hope it will continue on into the next round. I don't expect to be lean in the summer, but at least noticeably slimmer.
  • dudester82
    Options
    yes same for me. the biggest changes have been in month 2 and in the last 2 weeks of month two in particular.
  • b3gonzalez
    Options
    I was having the same thoughts as you...

I'm actually finishing my first round of Insanity this Saturday! I don’t really know how much inches I've lost since I did not measure myself or take before picture because to be honest I thought I would give up like I did with P90X. Anyways I am now motivated to do a full round of insanity the "right" way by trying to follow the food plan and taking measurements and before pictures so I know if I am having progress. I plan on jumping right into round two on Monday with no breaks in between because I know myself that I will get lazy and it will be extremely hard for me to jump back into this.
  • karabo04
    karabo04 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hey guys, i'm on day 46 of insanity and going strong. I finally starting to see some results here on my body. I'm thinking on doing a second round when i'm done. After day 63 I'm thinking on taking a week rest. It's just I feel like doing Month 1 over again is a step back. Shouldn't it be a good thing or idea just to do month 2 over again and skip month 1? What are your thoughts on that?
  • karabo04
    karabo04 Posts: 5
    Options
    its funny you said that, I was thinking of doing the same thing since I'm on day 44, I want to skip the first month and go straight to the second month, but I don't plan on taking a break.