Let's Swap Recipes!

Options
2»

Replies

• SkinneyGirl28
    SkinneyGirl28 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    The brownies made with carob powder in place of the chocolate were awsome. I took them to a meeting and everybody told me they were the best brownies ever. I did add some Roma, Cereal coffee, to make the carob taste more like chocolate.

Neelie Deer :bigsmile:
  • jeannie0312
    jeannie0312 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to make the brownies & the Ceasar dressing! YUM!!!:love:
  • kmcosgrove115
    kmcosgrove115 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Don't those brownies ROCK!
  • Sara13CH
    Sara13CH Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I made this last week and loved it!

Red Lentils and Spinach in Masala Sauce

nautuallyella.com

Author: Erin Alderson
    Recipe type: Dinner
    Serves: 2-4

Ingredients

Masala Paste:
    1½ teaspoons cumin seeds
    1½ teaspoon coriander seeds
    2″ piece ginger, peeled and cut into pieces
    1 tablespoon red pepper flakes*
    1 tablespoons smoked paprika
    2 teaspoons garam marsala
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 tablespoons peanut or other nut oil
    2 tablespoons tomato paste
    ⅓ cup packed cilantro leaves
    ————————-
    1 tablespoon coconut oil
    1 small red onion, diced
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    ⅓ cup masala paste
    1 cup stewed tomatoes
    1 cup coconut milk
    ½ cup red lentils
    2 handfuls spinach

Instructions

To make paste, toast cumin and coriander seeds in skillet until fragrant. Use a mortar and pestle (or a spice grinder) to grind spices.
    In a small food processor, add ginger and pulse until broken into small pieces. Add red pepper flakes, smoked paprika, cumin, coriander, garam marsala, and salt. Give a couple pulse to incorporate. Next, add nut oil, tomato paste, and cilantro leaves. Pulse until paste forms and everything is well incorporated. Set aside.
    Heat a skillet over medium heat. Melt coconut oil and add diced onion, cooking until translucent, 4-5 minutes. Add in minced garlic and cook for one more minute.
    Stir in masala paste and cook for 1-2 minutes, then stir in stewed tomatoes and coconut milk. Stir together and bring to a boil.
    Add in lentils and reduce heat to medium low. Cook, stirring often, until lentils are tender, 20-25 minutes. Remove from heat and fold in spinach.
    Serve with your favorite grain, extra cilantro, and a dollop of greek yogurt.

Notes
    **Adapted from Martha Stewart/Jamie Oliver *This dish can be fairly spicy. To cut back, reduce the red pepper.
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I came up with these for lunch today as I was pressed for time, hungry and wanting something more then a banana. We've all been there. :)

Cheater Wraps... romaine lettuce leaves, frozen stir fry veggies sauteed in your seasoning of choice (I used low sodium soy) and fresh berries for dessert. Great quick meal and very satisfying plus full of nutrients and low in calories. A cheater winner! :)