Eating back exercise calories?

Options
I work out 5-6 times a week. Sometimes for just 30 minutes, sometimes 90 minutes depending on the day and my schedule. At least 2 hours a week is strength and the rest cardio.

My TDEE using moderate activity is 2189.

I've already asked here and your advice was to eat 1650 calories.

My question is, do I eat more on weight lifting days? And can I or should I eat back my cardio calories?

I've been drinking an extra protein shake on strength days (which puts me over the 1650) but try not to eat back my cardio calories.

I'm haven't lost any weight in 2 weeks. And I'm also finding myself to be more tired than usual in the last week or so. (I get about 7 hours of sleep a night)

Any suggestions?

Replies

• Three4MeNHim
    Options
    Wanted to add that I am 5' tall and 144 lbs.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I work out 5-6 times a week. Sometimes for just 30 minutes, sometimes 90 minutes depending on the day and my schedule. At least 2 hours a week is strength and the rest cardio.

My TDEE using moderate activity is 2189.

I've already asked here and your advice was to eat 1650 calories.

My question is, do I eat more on weight lifting days? And can I or should I eat back my cardio calories?

I've been drinking an extra protein shake on strength days (which puts me over the 1650) but try not to eat back my cardio calories.

I'm haven't lost any weight in 2 weeks. And I'm also finding myself to be more tired than usual in the last week or so. (I get about 7 hours of sleep a night)

Any suggestions?

Please link the original thread we advised you on.

Thanks!
  • Three4MeNHim
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/908593-what-can-i-do-to-improve

And I have been trying to follow what you advised, however I had the flu for a few days since then (the puking kind) and 1 or 2 days when I went over my calories because we went out to restaurants.
  • SideSteel
    Options
    Are you using a food scale to accurately measure and record things?

Have you read this thread by chance?
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think
  • SideSteel
    Options
    In addition to my above reply, can you please open your food diary?

Thanks!
  • Three4MeNHim
    Options
    Ok, I did.
    And as I look back I see that I didn't follow the 1650 as well as I thought. There was a few days where I ate some exercise calories back. I'm a little embarrassed that I thought I was doing better than I actually am. I'm not that bad, am I?
  • Three4MeNHim
    Options
    I mostly just want to know if I should be eating back calories I burn or if I should just be staying at close to 1650 as possible no matter how many calories I burn.

And I really appreciate your suggestions! So thank you in advance.
  • SideSteel
    Options
    No, you're not bad, but yes you were eating over the recommended amount.

In my personal experience, after being ill I'm usually ravenous the few days coming out of it.

My suggestion would be to make another attempt at hitting the targets I suggested previously (these targets are static). If you can maintain this for a couple of weeks and we can see the results, we would be able to modify accordingly.

Obviously, if you are having performance problems or you feel like *kitten*, PM me and we'll take another look.

Lastly, if you can AVERAGE 1650 but your preference is to eat slightly more on exercise days and slightly less on rest days, then this is fine. But the recommendation made in the previous thread was a gross intake that doesn't use an exercise-calorie model.
  • Three4MeNHim
    Options
    Ok, thanks so much for your input! I will try my best to eat the 1650 exercise or not and let you know how I'm doing over the next couple weeks. Thank you thank you!