Priorities Straight

Options
Hello all, I was not sure where to put this so I thought I would take a leap ad put it up here. Lately I have been struggling with my priorities. It is so easy to get them messed up in our fast paced life of work, kids, technology and simply being busy. Add on top of that wanting to be healthy, feeling confident and sexy for ourselves, husband or boyfriend, and the most important priority can get pushed under the rug. So often it feels like the one thing I can put on hold in my life is my relationship with Christ. I feel like I can concentrate on fixing everything else in my life and then squeeze God into the little spaces that fit. I go to church and pray, and read my Bible when I can, so its ok.
Well, I have been living in this mindset for awhile. And this is wrong. It has been so twisted. When I try to solve my problems without Christ, they won't be fixed. If I try to make a quick fix, I won't have lasting peace, the kind that God longs for me to have. In reality, everything should be put on hold until I can spend my time with God each day. Nothing is as important as time with Him.
I know we have things we need to do - work, kids, down time, sleep, school, etc. But I guarantee if you look at your day you can squeeze in some time for God. That's a start, and slowly add time with Him. He is longing for a best friend relationship with you, and He is longing to fulfill you in ways you could never imagine and restore relationships you never thought could be fixed, but you have to spend time with him and ask Him for help. E
So, for me, I need to turn off the TV, and music, and choose to read ,my Bible and talk to God. When life is whirring around me seeming like there is no control and I am super stressed, I need to return to the One who calms the storm and quiets my soul. None other but Him can do that. As a Proverbs 31 Woman, I want my first priority to be seeking the Lord and His will in my life, and spending time with my Daddy and Best Friend who will always be there for me, knows my deepest struggles and still passionately loves me.
I pray that you would find time in your busy day to spend a little time with your Creator. He is not just some uncaring God, he is your God and My God, longing to have an intimate and honest relationship with His beloved.

Replies