Adding calories for strength training???

I am new to this site, and am having trouble figuring out how to get the site to calculate the calories burned for strength training exercises. It will include the ones for cardio, but not for the strength training, even when I input the sets, number of reps, and weight. Does anyone know how to do this?

Replies

• LisaO85
    LisaO85 Posts: 152
    You input strength training under the cardio tab. It asks for a time and figures the calories for you. I'm not sure how accurate it is. Under strength training you can input the stuff you do so you can use it as a tracking tool but it will never give you calories burned.

If you have a heart rate monitor you can accurately figure out how many calories you are burning and create your own strength training tab that you could input your calories.
  • Ariel52
    Ariel52 Posts: 9
    I too used a heart rate monitor for a couple of weeks while I did my strength training routines. It gave me a fairly good idea as to how many calories I was burning. I also used it for the cardio too as the machines I used at the gym were never accurate; even with putting in my age and weight.
  • Okay, I will purchase a heart monitor...Amazon here we come! Thanks guys!