Follow Jillian's Eating Plan?

Options
marieann82
marieann82 Posts: 150 Member
I will be starting BR on Sunday! I am trying to decide how to re-work my diet to get the best results.

Who here followed the 7 day kickstart diet that came with the program? Did you workout two times a day during the first week? Was it worth the results?

Do you follow the meal plan? Do you like the food and the results? (I noticed that most, if not all, recipes are from her Boost Your Metabolism cookbook, which I own and don't really love.)

I have seen a lot of fellow BR's staying at 1200 cal a day. Do you eat back your workout cals? Did you up your protein? Start eating clean?

Did you have the occasional "cheat" meal or were you strict for the whole 90 days?

Lastly, do take any special vitamins/supplements such as CLA or magnesium?

Replies

• mittens6395
    Options
    This is my second day for JMBR and I am following everything exactly. When I searched and found people who have followed the plan (including the kickstart and diet plan) exactly they lost on average about 10-15lbs more than those who followed their own 1200 cal diet. Jillian's diet is interesting. Her ratio's are specific not standard. For instance, you can change a lunch for a lunch but not a dinner for a lunch, etc., even though both meal are (I believe) 400 cal. I would never eat as much fat as she has in a 1200cal diet on my own. Which leaves me intrigued she must have a reason for the foods she chooses. I do like the food so far.

I am following all the meal plan 1) so I will stay on track better 2) I could always use new meal ideas 3) I'm in school and don't want to plan it myself :) I am doing the two workouts for the first week and its rough for me. It could be because I haven't been getting to sleep early enough and I gave up my diet coke.......and I miss it (RIP).

I'm not adding back my calories because JM doesn't say to add them back. I do take a multivitamin and supergreen powder (but not during the first week. Overall I think its going well and I really like it. Good luck to you!
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I lost 11 lbs the first week and at the 1/2 way mark, I have lost 20 lbs and 11.5 inches!!! The profile pic is my start date pic and a pic at the end of phase 1.

I did the kickstart week as far as the workouts were concerned, but did not follow her diet. I don't care for a lot of the foods in her meal plan. I ate 1200 cals and divided it up 50% protein, 30% carbs, 20% fat. I only once in a GREAT while(3 times total I think), eat white bread but have had no pasta and only sweet potatoes (no white). I also cut out all pop - I was drinking diet before. I don't have sugar very often cuz it just makes me crave more!

feel free to check out my diary - it is public to my friends :)
  • Zeppyb
    Zeppyb Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am on my 6 th week of the program and so far I've lost around 10 lbs. I did the Kickstart week and the two workouts a day plus extra running on a few days. I did not follow the diet plan during Kickstart week and am not following it now. I was eating around 1200 calories and only eat back some of my exercise calories on some days if I'm hungrier. I recently upped my calories to 1400 since I was feeling hungry on some days but I don't always eat them all and still stay around 1200 a lot of the time. I run 3-4 days a week for 2-3 miles each on top if the Jillian workouts. I lost 5 lbs from the Kickstart week. I am trying to eat more protein with protein bars. I take just a regular womens vitamin. I do not really have cheat meals, but I have had pasta a couple times and pizza a few times. I've really cut back on my sugar and cut soda out completely. If I do have a big meal or not so good meal, then I try to make up for it with an extra walk or run. I have definitely lowered my carbs and bad eating like ice cream, chips, breads but I don't want to completely eliminate those foods, just learn to better control my eating and balance eating well and working out with some splurges. I don't have a lot of weight to lose, so it may take me longer especially since I am not following her diet- but it works for me and my lifestyle. Good luck with the program! I hope you like it as much as I do. There's a group of us who are all buddies going through it if you want some friends. :)