Hot weather?

Options
kriskris92
kriskris92 Posts: 190 Member
So I'm hoping to start C25K in the next few weeks, but that will have me finishing it (or still doing it) right in the hottest part of summer. I'm pretty sensitive to heat as is, and I get hot and sweaty really fast when it's hot and humid out. I was just wondering what you guys do during the hottest parts of summer?

I just remember last summer being deathly hot for almost two straight months here, and I can't see myself even considering running (or walking, for that matter) outside for long. I don't have a treadmill and getting one isn't an option.

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I used to exercise outside in the early morning when it was still cool.
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    Fortunately there is no "hot" weather where I live. I can´t stand the heat either. I will go running in the evenings/late evenings though. We have light for 20h in summer. :)
  • Scar1964
    Scar1964 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I live in South Texas. No choice but to run in the heat.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    i change to swimming when it gets too hot./
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    That sounds like a good option.
    I wonder how hard it is after a longer break from running to get back to the old shape.

Otherwise I can also only recommend early morning runs when it is the coldest time of the day between 5 and 7am.
  • kriskris92
    kriskris92 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I used to exercise outside in the early morning when it was still cool.

Considering I will be getting up at 5 or 5:30 am just to get ready/get to work, I really can't work out in the mornings unfortunately.

Last summer it was at least 30 degrees Celsius almost every day in late June-August. Add humidity in to that and it just doesn't seem like great running weather :/

I might switch to swimming more though, because we do have a pool in the backyard that I could use. Different kind of cardio, but still good :)
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I try to go in the early morning or at dusk. Then come home and jump right into the pool!!