WEEKLY CHALLENGE

Options
So, I made a few changes to our schedule... I'd like to start our weekly challenges on SATURDAYS. (I originally planned on starting them on Mondays... I don't know how well anyone has read this stuff though. *laugh*) Basically, I'll post the challenge by Friday night. You guys will post your progress on your team thread. If it's easier, you can track every day on the board and keep a running total at the bottom for me.

NEXT Friday (3/29), by midnight PDT, I need the results of the weekly challenge posted on your team's thread.

Our first challenge will be a pretty basic one - calories burned from exercise! At the end of each day post your calories burned and keep a running total, or just keep track and post the total on Friday!

Replies

• ShaylaAnn140
    ShaylaAnn140 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    through exercise?
  • Viola47
    Viola47 Posts: 121
    Options
    Oooh, yeah, I'll edit it to make that more clear. Thanks!
  • akjellin
    akjellin Posts: 30
    Options
    Sounds great....
  • manda_panda0238
    manda_panda0238 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ok so we start posting here and adding our numbers tomorrow saturday 23rd ?
  • Pkeenan1229
    Pkeenan1229 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    We post to our teams threads :-) Go team sparkle!
  • lisarosenstock
    Options
    Stupid question but where is our team thread and do you want me to post it daily? And who came up with team sparkle cause after a night of no sleep, I am hardly sparkly. haha
  • prudism
    prudism Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    great so I have to post what I do for next friday on team sparkle thread great
    GO team SPARKLE
  • Viola47
    Options
    Well, SOMEONE on your team wanted "pizzazz", so I gave you guys pizzazz! I won't mention any names, but it might be the other admin for the group.... :wink:

Just reply to your team thread - you can find the threads in the discussion area on the group website.
  • Viola47
    Options
    WEEK STARTING 3/30

This is an UPPER BODY Challenge. Post the number of reps you do! For instance, if you do 5 pushups, 5 shoulder presses, and 10 bicep curls, you have 20 total reps.

I'll post the winning team of the last challenge Monday!
  • spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Do we know what team won last week's challenge yet (exercise calorie burn)? Just curious. Our team (Sparkle) seem to only have a few of us participating :(
  • Viola47
    Options
    @Spike - ALL of the teams only have a few people participating. I'm keeping track of the people not weighing in and not participating though, so I'll probably redo/consolidate teams in a couple weeks.

Winner for last week is the BLUE TEAM! It was close though.
    Blue team came in with 14,980 calories burned!
    2nd: Green, with 14,179
    3rd: Sparkle, with 9294
    4th: Red, with 6484

Green, Red, and Sparkle teams, a loss on the weigh in can only mean one thing - pain from Jillian! Give her 1 minute of jumping jacks, 10 burpees and 20 push ups. Now get down on the floor!
  • spike90
    Options
    Punishment completed for the calorie burn challenge (jumping jacks)!

I hate losing so I will have to step up my game as I think there were only two of us that even participated in last week's upper body challenge on my team. Guess I am going to have to do enough to cover the others as well. If we do the excercise calorie burn challenge again though my totals will be much higher as I thought it was calories burned from actual exercise and not just calories that we burn throughout the day (cleaning, cooking, breastfeeding,etc.....). I didn't count my daily calories from my fitbit and only counted working out calories. I guess I should have asked that question first and I would have put in closer to 7000 for the week instead of a little less than 5000 (still would not have put us in first though). Great job team Blue!!!

What is this week's challenge that we start today? Sorry if it is posted, I didn't see it anywhere :)
  • NinjaKelly
    Options
    Spike I thought it was calories burned from exercise as well. Viola can you please verify for us? Thanks :smile:
  • Viola47
    Options
    I forgot to post! I'm SO SORRY. We'll do CALORIES BURNED again, because that's easy enough to look up.
  • Viola47
    Options
    This next week will be LEG MOVES. You can post your results here or continue posting to your team thread if you wish, though we will be competing as individuals. If it's easier for you, post every day and keep a running total for me at the bottom ('cuz I'm lazy :wink: ), or just post everything at the end of the week. If you just do one post, you don't need to include the daily break down; I trust you guys.

So, what counts are leg moves? Just about everything. Squats, lunges, plus a gazillion different strength moves. Donkey kicks, etc. Some of them are hard to tally up, like butt kicks, which is more based on time than reps. For stuff like this, count each minute as 1 rep. (Please don't count the walk-up to your flat or anything... unless it's 5 floors or something. Then, you know, go for it.)
  • NinjaKelly
    Options
    Calories Burned Weekly Challenge

Apr 6- 330
    Apr 7- 610
    Apr 8- 1788
    Apr 9 - 1789
    Apr 10- 2141
    Apr 11- 418
    Apr 12- 614

Total Calories Burned- 7690
  • akjellin
    akjellin Posts: 30
    Options
    Total calorie this week 2,480
  • ms_natalie_
    Options
    My total calorie burn is 2506 this week
  • ms_natalie_
    Options
    My weigh in was 218 which is the same as last time
  • spike90
    Options
    4/13 weekly challenge of lower body : 200 plus 2 minutes

100 pile squats, 100 side knee lifts, and 2 minutes of football sprints (not sure if the sprints count or not and how to count them for that matter).