third shift need help

Options
I would like to eat 5 to 6 small meals per day but it hard cuz I work the third shift plus I work from home .plus I would like to start eating clean so how can I work this in my schedule.

thank you

Replies

• libertygirlfla
    libertygirlfla Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I did this many years ago (Body for Life program). Not sure it matters what shift you're on, though. I was at work for over 10 hours per day. Do you have a refrigerator and microwave available? That can make a difference in meal options, but you can also use a small lunch-size cooler and bring foods that do not need to be heated. Are you at a desk or on your feet at work?

The biggest key is planning in advance. I tried to have a lean protein such as organic cottage cheese, with fresh fruit or veggies. I also made a sort of casserole with lean meat (turkey or bison), lots of veggies, rice and chili powder (message me if you want the recipe). I portioned it into single servings and just popped in the microwave. Peanuts and fruit, hummus and veggies and I love LUNA bars. They are 70% organic and about 180 calories. Very filling! Hard boiled egg and more fruit (I love fruit; can you tell?). Be sure to drink lots of water! The BFL program advocated protein shakes, but I'm not a big fan, personally.

Good luck