New to your board, 2nd time doing Medifast

Options
Hi, all.
In 2010, I lost 90 lbs in 5 months using Medifast and was able to go off three medications. Was feeling amazing until I went through a divorce after 10 years of marriage, which was the biggest life change I had ever encountered. Sadly, I stopped caring about anything for awhile, including myself. Gained all back, plus some. Started Medifast again at 387 lbs, and have lost 17 so far. I'm recently remarried and happy to be back on track and find all of you here. I have a great support system now, have worked a lot of garbage out in my head and am looking forward to what I know Medifast can do.

Replies

• tgibbons1935
    tgibbons1935 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Don't you hate how women are such emotional eaters? I know I am very guilty of that too and it is totally understandable with that kind of lifestyle change but the important thing is that you are back! There is a great support system here on MFP so be sure to reach out. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can make it through together. You can do this!
  • ChefSchnauzer
    ChefSchnauzer Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Tried Medifast before and couldn't stick with it - business stress. Re-starting this great plan today. I used up some old protein powder to get started and switched to the 5+1 medi plan today. I see you can buy from Amazon which is good - chafed under the purchase plan.
  • normsnan
    normsnan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Me too...lost 31 lbs in 6 months, gained back 18 over 3 years...hate myself right now, but I'll get over it! ;-)
  • Stacivogue
    Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    me too. lost 45 gained back 40. scared it wont work.
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Tried Medifast before and couldn't stick with it - business stress. Re-starting this great plan today. I used up some old protein powder to get started and switched to the 5+1 medi plan today. I see you can buy from Amazon which is good - chafed under the purchase plan.
    After reading this, I checked Amazon and wow! It looks like the Amazon pricing is about $1 less per box on a lot of the items I typically order.

Thanks for letting us know...I dont like the purchase plan either (especially after they charged my card TWICE for the same order!!).
  • PippaJo_
    PippaJo_ Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    After reading this, I checked Amazon and wow! It looks like the Amazon pricing is about $1 less per box on a lot of the items I typically order.

Thanks for letting us know...I dont like the purchase plan either (especially after they charged my card TWICE for the same order!!).

Have you looked at the cost for shipping, though? It seems like they add another $7 + to the cost, just to ship it to you. With that factored in, I thought that ordering directly from Medifast (especially with getting free shipping for being on their Advantage plan) was actually better.

I must be missing something.