new to group and need support

Options
Bettyeditor
Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member
Hi everyone,

I am fairly new to the group and I don't really know anyone yet, but I would like to. :happy: I have lost 75 lbs so far and reversed my diabetes (totally off all meds and normal bg for last 5 months!). I have increased my calories up to 1700 so far. I have been struggling with health problems so have not done hardly anything with exercise yet. I do wear a Fitbit. It has helped me increase my activity levels. And I love how the Fitbit charts show me so much data about my eating, macros, etc. so I can see how my week is trending and adjust my eating if my protein is too low, for example. LOVE my Fitbit.

I still have 75 lbs. to lose. I want to get regular with a minimal amount of cardio (maybe 2-3 times a week?) but I am especially keen to get started with weight lifting! I'm not sure where to start with strength training though..... is there a book I should read? A program that you recommend? I am totally out of shape and weak as a newborn kitten. :tongue: I don't have the ability to go to a gym right now so I'm looking for something that I can do at home. (I work long hours, I'm in school full time, and I have several doctor appointments every week so I have very little free time.)

I'm hoping that some of you will add me to your friend list? I would love to have more friends who "eat more" and who lift.

Thanks and I look forward to getting to know everyone! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Congratulations on your weight loss and welcome to the group!

I started off with Jillian Michael's Body Revolution and now I'm on my 2nd round of ChaLEAN Extreme, which I love! Both are DVD programs and each workout runs anywhere from 30-45 minutes.

There are also plenty of free sites out there that offer workout programs, like Fitness Blender, Strong Lifts, Body Rock TV, the EM2WL Full Throttle program (http://eatmore2weighless.com/full-throttle-feb/) and Muscle and Strength (http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/frankoman-dumbbell-only-split.html) just to name a few!

Feel free to add me as a friend if you like!
  • Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thanks for the tips!! :)
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Good programme for lifting, also if you are new are New Rules of Lifting for Women (a book)
    Strong lifts 5x5
    Or if you workout from home and have weights ChaLean Extreme is good to start or even STS by Cathe Friedrich, as it uses 1RM so it is really adjusted to you
  • arsimpson1
    arsimpson1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am new too. Feel free to add me.
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well :-)
  • CariS001
    CariS001 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Great work so far! Feel free to add me!