Keeping the booty

Options
I would love to get fit and slim but I don't want to lose my butt. Are there any good workouts for your gluts?
I know I can do squats but I have a bad knee so that's not an option for me. Any suggestions??

Suzanne

Replies

• xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way, I would actually rather lose my boobs than my booty, which some people/women think is a little weird but here is a video I use and I have seen pretty good results!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmcLB9ObdOM&list=PLRK6HxdJk18edAz8tODm3pi_YWUL0Yqg0
  • MozzarellaSheep
    MozzarellaSheep Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I found a great article in fitness magazine that has some great exercises other than squats. Maybe it will help you too! :)

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/butt/exercises/our-top-10-exercises-to-tone-your-butt/
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    have you tried a sumo version of squats?

hip thrusts are awesome for the hams and booty.
    add weight to make it more challenging.
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Avoid the elliptical and bike, it will shrink your butt fast! I just do treadmill and if you do the seated leg press, it is like doing squats only you are sitting down and pushing your legs out, rather than doing it from a stand up position. I know because I have a bad knee too.
  • MozzarellaSheep
    MozzarellaSheep Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Avoid the elliptical and bike, it will shrink your butt fast! I just do treadmill and if you do the seated leg press, it is like doing squats only you are sitting down and pushing your legs out, rather than doing it from a stand up position. I know because I have a bad knee too.

Great tip Grace! :D
  • Luvable84v
    Luvable84v Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Stairs are good for the gluts :)
  • gfidelia
    gfidelia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    by shrink do you mean that it will still stay round and reduce size or shrink as in lose its shape ? :)
  • Jasmine_James
    Jasmine_James Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I started Brazilian Butt Lift a few weeks ago. I don't want to be skinny. I want to keep my curves. BBL is (literally) kicking my butt so far. Since I run on the treadmill and do Ripped in 30 I am skipping the cardio workouts (which are very Zumba-like) and am just doing the sculpting workouts 2 times a week. I'm only a few weeks into it but check with me in a month and I'll let you know if I see a difference.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    can you tell us what kind of exercises are done in the BBL workouts?
  • Jasmine_James
    Jasmine_James Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Sure, I'll try to summarize... You get 3 discs. Two of them are cardio and they are a lot like Zumba. (I get enough cardio from running on the treadmill and my Ripped in 30 workouts, so I don't do those often.) The third disc has two workouts -- "High & Tight" and "Sculpt."

In "High & Tight" you start with standing work with a resistance band around your angles; this is pretty hard core on your hips and thighs (lots of sideway and backward lifts and squats); next you do floor work -- first, you lay on your side and with the resistance band around your thighs, you do a variety of leg lifts. These KILL! Seriously. It's hard to describe, but basically you're laying on your side and lifting your legs. Really targets the hips. Then you go to being on all fours and doing a variety of leg lifts (you bend one leg and raises it bent using your butt muscle >> then you straighten the leg and lift >> then you do crosses where you raise the leg straight then way up and over to cross your other kneeling leg). Most of these lifts are each 60 seconds long -- you do slow lifts for ~30 seconds, then at tempo for 15 seconds, and then short pulses for 15 seconds. By the end of this workout your butt and hip muscles are dying in a good way.

The other workout on this disc is "Sculpt." This one is almost like dancing -- integrating lots of squats and engaging your core. Then you do some work with weights (targeting tricepts and bicepts and then go to an ab workout).

I hope this helps. Kinda hard to describe without visuals.