Couple of silly Q's

Options
becca2911
becca2911 Posts: 149 Member
Starting stage 1 on Monday and a few things are still unclear:

1) Lunges, step ups and the like - would I do a) 15 reps on each leg (ie 30 reps per set) b) set one on right leg, set two on left left or c) alternate and make up numbers on second set

2) Resting time - resting time is 60 seconds. In my gym some of the equipment is in different rooms and also what if someone else is using that equipment? How important is it to ONLY rest for 60 seconds?

Replies

• tessa175
    tessa175 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Q1: answer a)
    Q2: do your best to keep your rest time as close to 60 sec as you can but don't stress about it too much.
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I workout at home and my kids always interfere with my rest periods, sometimes I need a little more or less, just depending on the exercise or the day. I try to aim for what he says, but I don't think it's a big deal if it's not exact, it hasn't been for me anyway.
  • hannydee
    hannydee Posts: 246
    Options
    Step-ups - for each set you'd do 15 reps on your right leg followed by 15 reps on left = 30 reps total per set
    Lunges - for each set you'd alternate: left, right, left, right (the book says to start on non-dominant leg) for a total of 30 (15 per leg)

Rest - I wouldn't stress about it much. I know I don't.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    15 reps on each side, for a total of 30 per set.

I never timed my rest periods. For the most part, I rest until I'm mostly recovered. For Stage 7, which specifies shorter rest periods and is a different beast altogether than the rest of the stages, I did stick to the 30 second rests.

In the latest book, Supercharged, there are no specified rest periods. It suggests that you rest until you're recovered.
  • becca2911
    becca2911 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Step-ups - for each set you'd do 15 reps on your right leg followed by 15 reps on left = 30 reps total per set
    Lunges - for each set you'd alternate: left, right, left, right (the book says to start on non-dominant leg) for a total of 30 (15 per leg)

this