hi im new... how do i adjust myfitness to low carb...

Options
when i log my food, u know way over proteins, whey under carbs, also under calories..its taken me a while to get to know this site... ty for any help and where do u get info for this kind of eating as far as benefits.u know people always poo poo,and say its not a good diet, but its the only way i loose weight.... ty

Replies

• taxprep_99
    taxprep_99 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi. I agree. I've been a site member on here for a while but I always go back to low carb. I just went back last week and poof, 5 lbs less. I do not have a "scientific" way how I determined this, but Originally I was on a 1200 calories (not low carb) which was HARD to follow. So I figured I'd play with it and upped it to 1500 Calories, 19 Carbs Max, (These two I am STRICT on) and as far as the others, Fat 125g and Protein 75g...I do of course go over in the latter two but for now, it's working. I am able to eat 1500 calories and not max my carbs over 19 and be full and happy. Lots of water too though for me. Again, this is just my best guess for my situation. I'm supposed to lose 1.6 lbs a week per this system. Currently 5"8' and weighed in at 245.2 this morning. Good luck to you!!!! Oh and as you know if you exercise you earn more calories. I do a low impact zumba twice a week, so on those days, if I feel like I need to eat more, I do use the extra allotted calories, but not carbs.
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    when i log my food, u know way over proteins, whey under carbs, also under calories..its taken me a while to get to know this site... ty for any help and where do u get info for this kind of eating as far as benefits.u know people always poo poo,and say its not a good diet, but its the only way i loose weight.... ty

Go to goals on the website (not the app), change goals, custom, and set the ratio to your chosen levels (65-30-5 is standard keto; I do 75-20-5).

There's a good keto FAQ over at reddit, with lots of helpful info like this.

http://www.reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/faq#wiki_web_resources