OMG...i just read dr.info, thought this was high proteint..

Options
i am amazed at what im reading... i know i have only lost on low carb diet befor , but i never did the high fat... im excited.. started today...i havnt lost anything for 4 months.... i think this is going to be a big help, i hope i can still use a little bit of stevia or something very sparingly,but with a fat...? i even used the keto sticks befor, and wondered why sometime my ketos went down. the to much protein makes some sence to me... but this is very hard diet for people to except... but here goes... i bet in 1 week i have a good report... do u need to fast to get started... and any other info site... happy to find this...

Replies

• kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I found this FAQ to be very helpful when I first started. This is from the reddit keto group:

http://www.reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/faq

This is really basic reading for anyone starting on this journey, and will help answer a lot of questions.
  • Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    You can do it! It's the only thing that has worked 100% and consistently week after week. On average I lose 4-5 lbs per week eating around 1200 calories but 75% is from fat. Your gonna do great!
  • taxprep_99
    taxprep_99 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Kiramaniac's post on the website is just about everything you need to know. It's a great resource. (Thanks for sharing). As far as the fat intake, it's great! I only do well on low/no carb diets, and it is really easy to go out an eat on. Alot of restaurants will change out your sides for you as well for free if you tell them why, and/or they have a low carb version not on the menu. (Just an FYI) As far as what other other people think...lol. The only one that matters is YOU! I'm sure there are also alot of recipes on here that are great, I just haven't explored it yet, and the Atkins website has nothing but low/no carb options (free as well). I woke up last week and decided this was my only option (to do the low carb again). It ALWAYS works!!!!!!!!! 8 lbs in a week is a pretty good start and motivator. Long way to go, but hey, we have to start somewhere! Best of luck to you!