March 25th

Options
Well ladies, we are approaching the end of the month! Big congrats to those who have pushed or struggled through.

L3 D4 for me today and I felt like I phoned it in a little (sorry, Jillian) as I needed to pause for a second or two in a couple of places, which I don't normally have to.

I'm thinking I'm perhaps just due a rest day as I've only had 1 day off, but I will see how I feel tomorrow.

Keep shredding!! :smile:

Replies

• sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Level 3, day5 for me. Took the weekend off from Jillian! Five more days the on ti RI30.
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I also took the weekend off! Unfortunately, I also went wayyyy over my usual calories and stepped on the scale today. Bad idea. Well , at least it motivated me to eat cleaner today.

I just finished today's workout. Cardio was no proble, but my muscles felt pretty weak.
  • EasyKeeper8
    EasyKeeper8 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    L3D3 done! The row/leg lifts are the worst. I can do almost one full set, then have to go to modified. It hurts my hand that is taking all the weight while the other is rowing. Anyone else? I have metal weights. Maybe I need to wrap them with tape or something. And rock stars are tough. Mine look more like jump ropes! I've got no vertical leap!
  • patticarbjunkie
    patticarbjunkie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I got up extra early and did level 3 day 9 for me. One more day and I am done!!! You all are doing fantastic!!!
  • Annie_ga
    Annie_ga Posts: 72
    Options
    I'm jealous of all of you....really! I've been having very slight pain in my right elbow and since I play tennis, I'm worried that I'm going to get the dreaded tennis elbow. So I've got to lay off Jillian for a while - too many push ups and planks for my poor elbow. I'm going to go back to my comcast exercise programs for a week and see how I feel. I will eventually get back to Jillian, but I have to follow the advice of what I always tell people - if you hurt, REST! Good luck!
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Started Level three today. Did anyone else notice Jillian gets an evil look on her face right before the circuits start?

Interesting exercises, can do some with Natalie, most as usual with Anita, a few in between the two. I hate jumping, too many body parts move. I've discovered I can no longer do a full sit up like when I was younger and I'm okay with that.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    L3D3 done! The row/leg lifts are the worst. I can do almost one full set, then have to go to modified. It hurts my hand that is taking all the weight while the other is rowing. Anyone else? I have metal weights. Maybe I need to wrap them with tape or something. And rock stars are tough. Mine look more like jump ropes! I've got no vertical leap!

Hate the rock stars...like you I look more like I am jumping rope...but I'm moving!!
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I will just be starting Level 3 today. I had to have a 2 day break this weekend to let my knee recover. This has really taken a toll on my right knee and my tennis elbow. I am still planning to finish because I have noticed such a loss of inches for me. It will just take me a little longer to nurse through it with the elbow and knee problems.
    I haven't even looked at Level 3's video yet. I hope it won't be dreadful!
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Getting back to it after the weekend. as well.

I did a lot of walking over the weekend - I seem to every weekend. But didn't really do anything else.

On the bright side I measured on Friday and am more or less down inches all around!
  • beejelblor
    beejelblor Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    L2 D8 done this morning :) I SOO envy those of you who are closing in on day 30!! I take every Saturday off and have taken rest days here and there so I will be finishing April 10th. I really have a dislike for level 2 haha, I am very excited to put that in my past (well until I start 30DS again later). Even though I do not enjoy level 2, I am SOO glad that I am doing this!! Without re-measuring I can tell that I am slimming down, but have gained 1.5lbs which it sounds like lots of people do. I feel very energized, confident in my body, and have been getting a lot of wonderful compliments from people who do not even know I am doing a workout which means there must be results :)

Great job everyone, we have a lot to be proud of keeping up with this!!!!! SOOO excited to see everyones before/after pics and see the re-measuring results!!!
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Started Level three today. Did anyone else notice Jillian gets an evil look on her face right before the circuits start?

Interesting exercises, can do some with Natalie, most as usual with Anita, a few in between the two. I hate jumping, too many body parts move. I've discovered I can no longer do a full sit up like when I was younger and I'm okay with that.

Haha.. I think that's her permanent expression - evil woman!! :devil:

Sounds like you're doing well. Just do what you can in terms of sit ups, you may find you can manage a couple tomorrow, three the next day etc. :smile:
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 434 Member
    Options

You're doing well to do those, I'm still modifying!

And I hate the squat jumps/rock stars too. I just jump as high as I can without ending up in a heap on the floor. :wink:
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options

It's either that Jillian has a more than usual evil look or we're just not "lovin'" her as much by now! Either way...she is getting us some of the results we're looking for so it's all good (although painful at times! :sad: )

Sit ups!!!! I'm reduced to modifying the modification...I raise my arms over my head rather than have them at my side (aka Anita) so they give me a little more oomph as I sit up, or attempt to! But I can do more now than the first day!

By the way, just finished D7, L3! I'm so impressed by everyone here. Your efforts will reap rewards!
  • debbieled32
    Options
    i keep switching up my jillian work outs
    i have yet to do the level 3 of 30ds, but loving the kickboxing and the extreme shred and shed dvd's
  • Naamah18
    Naamah18 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Day 6, level 2 complete. I tried to work extra hard the last couple of days because I will be off, but back on schedule on Wednesday!
  • Ooga78
    Ooga78 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    L3, D1, ugh. I really phoned it in today as it was 5 am and I was half asleep and learning these new moves. I did not like this level, my knees have been bothering me a lot and L3 is the least knee friendly, imo.
  • Mrsjaybob
    Mrsjaybob Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Level 3 Day 7 .
    I bought a HRM this afternoon. It gave me 207 calories burned for today's workout. We will see how it compares with what my elliptical climber says in the morning.