1 year update

Options
31prvrbs
31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
Posted in my journal on the site forum, but since it's been forever, I decided to post here as well, for anyone who may be struggling. Also in hopes that my fellow "hippy/heavy-bottomed" girls get some motivation out of this one. This is what I mean when I say it's not always about trying to make the legs submit. Pear shapes will always take longer to lean out their lower half, but it's more about balance. Just build the upper, get some balance, the legs will always take their sweet time....

Soooo....I've hit a few hiccups in my cut.

1) I tweaked my rotator cuff, so I've had to put all upper body workouts on hold for the past few weeks.

2) TOM hit, and took me down all of last week. I didn't log any food, ate whatever I wanted, and just chalked it all up to a some well needed recovery time/diet break (it was time for both any way)

3) TOM ended with a bang, as usual. Full blown 48hr migraine hit, leaving me blinded and landing me in the Guinness book of records for puking. I think I even lost a kidney or two...

4) Just before getting all crazy sick, I took some "progress" pics, and...well...BLAH.. LOL, is pretty much what I felt. Like, blah, blah, blah, progress is so slow, blah. To top it off, DH is cutting with me, and looks AMAZING. blah.

So I did what I always do when feeling like this. While sitting here trying to rehydrate from this weekend's vomit fest, I decided to start digging. Digging deep. For my motivation. It's gotta be in there somewhere. I didn't want to go into "over-thinking" mode, which typically happens when we "think" there's no progress (y'all know what I'm talking about, lol). So I was mostly digging for some "trust the process" motivation.

So here I am...looking for anything...I start looking through my pics from my cut so far...nope...def no motivation there, lol. So I look to my measurements from this cut...BLAH

There's gotta be SOMETHING. I know I'm just coming off of major PMS/Migraine Mania, and am a bit hormonally unstable, but I'm getting a little ticked..

So I dig D.E.E.P.E.R.....I look at last years pics...Wow, I was doing so well then...so tiny, why did I ever bulk? blah..

I look at my weight compared to now...great, I'm friggin 10lbs heavier with nothing to show for it...BLAH

I look at my measurements...blah...looks like my hips and waist are the exact same...bl..

Wait?! What? I'm 10lbs heavier and my waist and hips are the same as they were April of last year?

NO...wait...It's still March...let me see March measurements...my waist is 2 inches SMALLER than it was exactly a year ago today?? What about thighs?

Yep. SAME.

How can this be? If I'm 10 lbs heavier, the gain HAS to show somewhere...back to the pics..

That's when it happened...I did a side by side collage of a pic from last year next to my most recent pic. The one with the same waist/hip/thigh measurements...

And behold...THE V-taper!!!!!!

e11abbe5-ffa5-4e30-945e-52e543f0841f_zps863e34cc.jpg

WOOT!!!!! That's what it's all about, baby!!!! I've been craving that V to help balance out my pear shape, and BAM!!! It's here, baby....Back to cutting business as usual...

BULK. SUCCESS.

Trusting the process, and moving right along.....

(my bulk/cut journal is here for anyone interested http://forums.eatmore2weighless.com/showthread.php?tid=269)

~Kiki

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    :love: Once again you've proved it was all worth it. Gaining weight but getting smaller.

As an added bonus you can cut/maintain on higher cals with those extra 10lbs :bigsmile:
  • lilvonne80
    lilvonne80 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    :)
  • dulceanjo
    dulceanjo Posts: 22
    Options
    Awesome!
    I swear this entire process blows my mind!

*more confirmation that pictures and measurements are king vs. the scale*

*V* for victory!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results!!!! To gain 10 pounds but stay the same in measurements is HUGE progress!! I love the side-by-side comparison pics....it's truly the best way to SEE the difference!!! You look amazing!!!!!
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Thanks Helene! YOU inspired me to break out the year progress pics, girl!!!
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Bam! There it is! Lovin the V taper!! ????:love:
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • joys19
    joys19 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Wow that's great. It looks like the process is working. Keep it up.
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    We love Kiki and her V! We love Kiki and her V! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Thanks Helene! YOU inspired me to break out the year progress pics, girl!!!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!! Just when I get worried the "process" isn't working I see a post like this! Love it!