HELP! *master water drinkers*

Options
I know, completely + utterly how important it is to drink water....I just can't seem to bring myself to do it, as often as I should. -some days I'll go without drinking a drop of anything, without noticing-

How have you found success, mastering this craft? What have you noticed in your body, when you don't?

Any + ALL thoughts welcome! *thanks*

Replies

• Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    My cups at home fit 2 glasses of water, so I always make myself drink the two with each meal, not always breakfast depending on what I'm eating. I try to drink two cups during my workout. And then just have that cup filled for most of the day, and make myself drink it because I know I should. I also have a nalgene bottle, the 4 cup one, for work and make myself drink one full one before I can go home, sometimes I polish it off on the drive home. I also have a 2 cup nalgene bottle that I bring whenever I go out shopping or wherever and try to drink the whole thing while I'm out too. When I started I couldn't get past 5 a day, but now I always have 8, usually 9-10. I feel so dehydrated when I drink less than 8 now a days, especially if I ate a lot of sodium that day.
  • swingsnatchlift
    swingsnatchlift Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of tea, usually iced. I've found some flavors that I like by Stash. I can always convince myself to have a cup of tea, whether iced or hot.

I will also drink seltzer water with some lemon juice and a little bit of stevia (I use the liquid stevia drops by Nu Naturals or Sweet Leaf) for a homemade lemonade drink. The fizziness of the seltzer water helps to reduce any cravings for soda I might have.

I also drink it plain and try to drink it evenly throughout the day so I don't get dehydrated and have my brain trick me into thinking I'm hungry.

I agree with Emtabo01, once your used to it, you can't imagine not drinking it everyday.
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Like Luv, I like bubbles. For valentines day, hubby got me a soda stream and I love it. I easily drink 3 quarts of water a day.
  • GonnaBFit2510
    GonnaBFit2510 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have a pint at lunch a pint at dinner and a pint with exercise but then I also have a protein shake for breakfast and 1 after exercise which is made with a glass of water so with all that I end up with 6 glasses still not as much as I should but I do try and drink some in between too if I remember.
  • lobo_a_gogo
    lobo_a_gogo Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I carry a 32 oz Nalgene with me around all day every day. I usually drink at least 3, especially on days I work out!
  • courtniemarie
    courtniemarie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I force myself to drink 16ounces while I'm getting ready for work in the morning (before my coffee). That way I know I've already got a head start on the water count!

Once I finish my coffee, I go right back to water, keeping track of my cup size (whether I reuse my coffee mug or the 12oz cups that are available at my work) and how many more glasses I'll need to get to 8.

It's definitely become a habit to count my water intake. If you have that in the forefront of your mind (maybe start with phone reminders at certain times of the day?), you don't forget about how much water you need to consume before the end of the day.

Good luck!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Use the calorie free water flavorings. Like Mio and stuff like that. Or you can use lemon or lime wedges, or fill up a pitcher of water and toss in sliced cucumbers. I use the water flavorings and can usually get in at least 4 20oz bottles in a day, if not more.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I drink two glasses before my coffee in the morning, then try to have a glass before and during each meal, and at least one full water bottle if not two when I'm exercising.
  • saralayne42
    saralayne42 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I don't have much of a problem with it now - but at first it was hard to force myself. I discovered two things:

1) It had to be ICE COLD. I can do room temperature water now, but at first the cold was really important.
    2) I will drink anything through a straw :) I now have a 32 oz cup from the gas station with a lid and a straw. I fill that bad boy up with ice and water first thing in the morning and at lunch. My 64 oz are in before 3 pm.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,005 Member
    Options
    I'm a big believer in the water!

And, I'm a "chugger" (not a "sipper"). I aim for 150 ounces of water everyday - with "water" including coffee and green tea.

I go to the bathroom every single hour of the day. I chug a glass of water when I'm in there - then back to my office desk to work!