Started Insanity today....Need insane friends :)

Options
Hi everyone!

I am a stay at home mom of 4 and full time college student getting my AAS in Health Science (graduate in July) and BS in Nutrition Science (2 more years). I got so busy with school, kids, and life that I stopped eating and put my body into starvation mode and gained 50 pounds. I have always been active and athletic but I just was not eating enough to keep my body going. So my focus now is to try to eat enough food to get my metabolism going and also get better at cardio through Insanity. I have always hated cardio and loved workouts like Jillian's Body Revolution that were more aerobic and strength training. According to my doctor who is helping me find out why I can't lose the last 40 pounds, I need to get my heart rate up and keep it there for most of my workouts.

This is crazy hard for me and I am looking for anyone who can help keep me motivated and maybe provide tips on what to eat to hit my calories when I am just not hungry.

Thanks!

Replies

• bernie79
    bernie79 Posts: 38
    Options
    if you are doing insanity have you not tried following the Elite Nutrition plan that comes with it, this tells you what you should be eating. good luck
  • ptreasures
    Options
    Bernie,

I have not looked at the nutrition guide that was provided with insanity in quite a while but will take a look at it in a bit. I am currently working with a doctor to get my weight down and get my eating up. She has me on a strict diet of trying to hit 1200-1400 calories per day net. This is hard for me because I was only eating about 600-800 calories per day and I am just never hungry. I have a hard time eating when I am not hungry and this is where I struggle the most. I get busy with school work or kids and since I am not hungry I just forget to eat 1/2 the time. I have added alarms to my phone, but when you are in the middle of something it's easy to just hit the dismiss button and then keep on going.

Thanks.
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options

This is crazy hard for me and I am looking for anyone who can help keep me motivated and maybe provide tips on what to eat to hit my calories when I am just not hungry.

Thanks!

I don't think you could do insanity and NOT be hungry :wink: