"Be Good, Fitness Pals!"

Options

Replies

• FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great plan Gi! My weight has been up all week. Praying for a miracle weigh in Monday. :tongue:
  • pepgab
    pepgab Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hello All - - I am down to 219.5. I lost 1.5 pounds
  • FlaxMilk
    Options
    Awesome job Pep!
  • Gigib64
    Gigib64 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello All - - I am down to 219.5. I lost 1.5 pounds

that's so awesome. YAY. Good job.
  • Gigib64
    Options
    has anyone seen our results chart yet?
  • FlaxMilk
    Options
    Oops I didn't even realize he was posting those! Thanks for the heads up.

I know this gets old, but I'm sorry I've been a drag as a team member. I'm struggling to get motivated despite having all sorts of motivators in my face reminding me to get with it and not seeming to do it anyway. I'm starting to feel like our team's wooden leg, and I really am sorry.
  • terrimccrery
    terrimccrery Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hey, we are here to help you! I am not on track either, eating wat too many fast food meals and not making good choices. Hang in there!!!!
  • FlaxMilk
    Options
    Thanks Teri! How is everyone doing?
  • Gigib64
    Options
    Hey everyone.

HELP (she says frantically). I know this is not going to be a "loss week". I have lost though. Lost my mind with stress, lost my motivation (for god knows what reason). Lost my sleep (doing multiple shifts on different days, lost my will to move because I am so exhausted. Lost even the desire to post food. Help. Someone say something that will get me back on track fast. I think I have listed every excuse in the book. I am working now until 2:30 or 3:00, eating, sleeping, and then back to work at midnight. Have- to - gEt -back to ME>
  • pepgab
    Options
    Hey everyone.

HELP (she says frantically). I know this is not going to be a "loss week". I have lost though. Lost my mind with stress, lost my motivation (for god knows what reason). Lost my sleep (doing multiple shifts on different days, lost my will to move because I am so exhausted. Lost even the desire to post food. Help. Someone say something that will get me back on track fast. I think I have listed every excuse in the book. I am working now until 2:30 or 3:00, eating, sleeping, and then back to work at midnight. Have- to - gEt -back to ME>

You got my comment yesterday. Today is a new day.

In my best Dory voice.
    Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming.
  • pepgab
    Options
    Ok -- my weigh in weight is 219.5.

I don't understand. I'm working out 6 days a week and eating less calories. And is, not eating back my calories. I have stalled. Actually I think my weight only falls off once a month and I was only officially weighing once a month before this competition. I'm frustrated. I hate the scale!!!!
  • terrimccrery
    Options
    Don't give up!!!!! Maybe you are one of those people who will lose only once a month. Remember, it's not just about the scale! You are making your body healthier!

Weight today 198.8
    Loss 0.4
  • terrimccrery
    Options
    And....possibly you are not eating enough!
  • Gigib64
    Options
    Ok -- my weigh in weight is 219.5.

I don't understand. I'm working out 6 days a week and eating less calories. And is, not eating back my calories. I have stalled. Actually I think my weight only falls off once a month and I was only officially weighing once a month before this competition. I'm frustrated. I hate the scale!!!!

You are amazing and it will happen. I think competitions make our body upset :)
  • FlaxMilk
    Options
    Hey teammates! Sorry to hear it's been so rough you two, Pep and Gigi. Pep, have you considered a low carb day the day before weigh in to shed some water weight? With the exercise, you are quite possibly holding on to more water than normal.

Gigi, take care of you and stop feeling guilty or panicked about it. If that means eating more for a couple of weeks, that means eating more. Remind yourself that taking care of you means making healthy food choices. But if you are exhausted and overworked, you will probably eat more than usual. Once you stop feeling bad about it, and accept that without shame or guilt, I bet you will find it easier to make better food choices because at least shame won't be driving the bus.

Something that a pal said to me a long time ago that really helped me was, "You didn't mess up everything today. Name at least one thing you did well with." It sounded too easy until I answered it.

So what's one thing you did well on yesterday? What's a goal for today?
  • pepgab
    Options
    Thank you guys for the encouragement. I am pretty sure it is water weight not coming off. I think it is the sodium in my diet. Pickled Okra to be exact. I will try the no carbs on Sunday before wee weigh in on Monday. And yes I have noticed in the past that I tend to only lose weight once a month and it is usually 5 or 6 pounds.
  • pepgab
    Options
    One thing I did right yesterday. I was under my calories!
  • FlaxMilk
    Options
    Hey team, how are we doing?

I expect a loss this week, some of which may be lingering dehydration from getting pretty sick. I gained some of the water back, but right now still show a loss.

I expect a gain next week, though, because I will be hitting the gym for the first time in a couple of weeks and so I expect to retain some water. I'm going to try the Sara/Sidesteel approach to macros and calories and that may make me lose slower too.
  • pepgab
    Options
    I hope lose. I am staying at my calories. I am trying to pull off this water weight.
  • Gigib64
    Options
    You guys have been so wonderful and supportive through this backslide into old habits. I am back on the right track and actually did not come out so worse for wear. I could not have gotten a hold of myself though without your comments and support. Thanks Yay I can do this.