Injured :-(

Options
jo_marnes
jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
I pulled my groin :-( Ouch. So fed up. Was doing the reverse lunges with forward reach (stage 2).

Its my own fault I suppose - I did not have a rest day between workout A and B. I intended to but when I got the the gym they'd cancelled my class I was going to do and I didn't want a wasted journey. Meh.

Any hints on good exercises to do while it recovers? Can't see any of the stage 2 workouts working somehow :-(

Replies

• swingsnatchlift
    swingsnatchlift Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    What a bummer! Groins can be really fussy and take a long time to heal. My son did something to his about a year ago playing soccer and it took a good long while to heal. I would really take it easy and give it a chance to recover and heal properly. I personally would stick with walking.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Sorry:( I have no advice other than take it easy.
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Sorry you got hurt! I pull my groin muscle every few years, whenever I start lunging after a break. I immediately stop when it happens and usu only take a few days to recover. Rest is best!
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    It' actually feeling a lot better today :-)

With my routine and gym being shut on good friday, I have no lifting scheduled until Saturday so hoping it will be ok for then!
  • CanGirl40
    CanGirl40 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I pulled my groin about a month ago, and it's definitely better already, but I have to modify lunges with less weight and sometimes squats...but I've still been able to move through the stages. I'm on stage 6 now. There's still plenty of exercises to do!
  • LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    We can be injured together! Mine isn't groin though and I have NO clue how I did it. Oh well. I will just tell you what my doctor told me... rest! I'm also taking 600mg Motrin to deal with it (prescribed). Best of luck and hope you heal quick!