How'd you stay on track during Kickstart?

Options
marieann82
marieann82 Posts: 150 Member
I am on second day of the kickstart meal plan. I am hungry, grouchy, and my mind is preoccupied with food! I wasn't eating too many more calories that the 1200 in the meal plan, but I have never really done a restrictive "you must eat these foods at these meals" diet before. I have always had some flexibility.

If you found the kickstart week challenging, can you let me know some of the things you did to stay on track and not deviate from the plan?

Does it get any easier as the week wears on?

Replies

• tallieterp
    tallieterp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I wish I could provide some advice but I opted to not do the kick start... Instead of the cardio 1 work out I walk/run for 35-45 minutes after the circut work out... and food wise i just stick to my MFP goals and things I know will keep me full...

I know the kickstart is about retraining your body - but like you said in another thread i think - i'm picky about things I eat and I don't want to force myself to eat things that psychologically aren't going to mesh with me....

I've still seen a huge difference - the inches alone have been awesome and i'm only a month in really... so I'd say try another day or two and see if your body adjusts or just change some things around so you still get the same nutrients just in a different way...
  • kkravec03
    kkravec03 Posts: 10
    Options
    I found day 1 of the kickstart meal plan ok, as it says you can I mixed and matched. So I had poached egg breakfast, chef salad lunch, yogurt snack, and fish dinner. I liked the breakfast (had some avacado that added some taste), the lunch was pretty standard, snack was awful (I just didn't like the bitter yogurt without anything sweet, so I think I'm going to add a little fruit next time), and dinner was lacking something with just fish and a salad so I had almond butter and celery for dessert. According to MFP I was still at 1200 calories. I think the main point of the kickstart week is just to have a lot of protein and very few carbs, yesterday I had 55g carbs 55g fat and 123g protein which is very different than how I normally eat. I think if you don't like the foods listed you can eat anything as long as it's high in protein and low in carbs.
  • Zeppyb
    Zeppyb Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I knew I couldn't do her meal plan, especially when I have a husband and three daughters to plan and cook meals for. So I just stuck to 1200 and ate as healthy as I could. Huge spinach salads with chicken breast for protein were and still are a staple. I was a huge carb eater before so I really tried to restrict that during Kickstart. Also I cut soda completely about a week before Kickstart and I'm not a big drinker, but did not have any alcohol at all that week. I would be groutchy and hungry too if I ate her strict diet and felt like I was forced to eat something that I just didn't like or had to prepare totally separate meals for me and my family. I don't really have good advice since I did not follow her meal plan, but you are not alone so don't feel like a failure if you decide to try your own, but still healthy meals. You will still have results if you are doing all the workouts! I lost 5 lbs during Kickstart week and was pretty happy with that since I was content with what I was eating.
  • marieann82
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's advice. It's nice to know others had great results without following her specific diet plan.
  • nimitchell
    nimitchell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Today is day three for me. I am having the sugar crash feeling today. That being said, I have done the egg and bacon meal and the yogurt meal for breakfast. Soup and chef salad meals for lunch, and haddock instead of salmon and the steak meal for supper. Lots of salad. Having the hardest time with the yogurt. Tastes like sour cream. Uggggg. Also bored drinking just water
  • marieann82
    Options
    I have been drinking hot herbal tea with my water-it's been helpful. I also allowed myself to add whey protein into my day because I was so on edge. I don't like being that cranky to my family-not worth it-and feeling better.

It started getting easier on the third day for me (also the first day I had the protein, though). The only good snack I have had is the hummus and veggie plate. The rest are really bland.

Keep up the awesome work! We can get this done!
  • kiwi3374
    kiwi3374 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    it was hard both my husband and I did the whole week. once you get past the hump its not that bad. My husband had a harder time because there was no monster and cherry pie for breakfast. But he did it. YOU CAN DO IT TOO! its only a week. I had to prepare meals for the kids and us seperate but the weight loss in the first week was worth it. Im on my last 2 weeks on BR and a total loss of 18 pounds and my husband almost 30.
  • alwest68
    alwest68 Posts: 9
    Options
    I did the kickstart when I started. It was very hard and I felt horrible by day two. I was about ready to quit it and I weighed myself and I had lost weight in two days. That motivated me to keep at it. I weighed everyday and I lost 1.6 to 1.8 pounds everyday. By the end of the week I felt alot better and had lost a total of 9.6 pounds for six days.. I started Phase 2 this week and went back on her diet. Its alot easier this time around. I was keeping the past few weeks at 1200 calories and low carbs but still wasnt having the same success. So far in past couple days I've already lost 2.6 pounds.
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Count me in as another one who didn't do the kickstart, although I did try a couple of her recipes (the couscous with root veggies is great). MFP recommended 1200 calories, so I'm just doing my own mix and match. I do exceed the 1200 on some days, which doesn't put me over since MFP gives me some extra exercise calories. I also exercise even on the off day. I think you need to do this in a way that's comfortable for you because if you're dreading it and constantly hungry, it's going to fail.