Belly Fat

Options
bbnan401
bbnan401 Posts: 6 Member
Hi there,

Since you are the expert, I figured it was best I come to you. I'm a 34 year old female approximately 5'4" and 145 lbs and a size 8. I think I'm pretty good with my eating habits as far as what I eat. From time to time I do have issues with portion control just because I really love food. Anyway, I try to stay pretty active throughout the week. Sometimes I workout in the mornings with a 10 min workout dvd. I usually do 2 different workouts so I get in 20 mins. In the evenings I do anything from zumba to running to the insanity workout. Every now and then I attend a pilates class as well. My problem area, like most women, is my mid section. I know I can't spot reduce any area but what can I do to minimize it? It's the only area I have issue with but it makes me so self conscious that I'm still wearing big shirts to feel like I have to cover up. I don't need to be a size 0 but it would help my confidence a lot if I could do something about that area. Please help!

Replies

• FoodandFitness
    FoodandFitness Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Just keep creating a calorie deficit and your belly fat will come off. There is no way to spot reduce.
  • bbnan401
    bbnan401 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Are there any specific foods that I can try to incorporate more into my diet that will help? I keep hearing about all the diet fads regarding flat bellies. Is there any truth to it?
  • FoodandFitness
    FoodandFitness Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Are there any specific foods that I can try to incorporate more into my diet that will help? I keep hearing about all the diet fads regarding flat bellies. Is there any truth to it?

It's all bogus. There are no such things as fat burning foods. Simply maintain a caloric deficit and you'll get results.