Surgery on March 12/13

LilyBugsMommy
LilyBugsMommy Posts: 109 Member
Hello everyone,

I had RNY in Ottawa on Mar. 12/13. Everything went great!
I have had a couple of minor complications since coming home, but, overall, I am feeling pretty good.
Looking forward to this journey :)

At this point, I am down 26.5 lbs total (pre-op liquid diet/post surgery weight loss combined).
I couldn't figure out how to reset my initial weight on this site, so, once in a while I will just post my recent weight loss :)

Replies

• grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Congratulations. I had RNY on August 21, and haven't had any complications. Let me know if you have any questions.

You can add older weights by going to My Home, Check In, and Edit Older Entries. Just put in dates and weights. It was a little wonky when I first did mine, but eventually worked out ok.
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Congrats on your surgery, hope there will be no more complications! I had RNY on 9/27/12 and have done well with no complications. In fact, the health benefits have already been amazing where my Type I Diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol, thyroid, and sleep apnea are concerned. No more high blood pressure, bad cholesterol is perfect, if not too low, good could come up a bit, no longer hypo thyroid, but hyper. Put away the CPAP machine several months ago. My insulin use thru my pump is down from over 155 a day to about 26 per day. Have lost 85% of my excess weight in only six months. Hope everything goes as well for you as it has for me!!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    congratz honey and well done it gets fun from here!! :bigsmile:

I had mine 17/04/12 so VERY nearly 1 yr out :drinker:
  • TheMobileMom
    TheMobileMom Posts: 66 Member
    Congrats! My surgery was 11/28/12. Down 55 lbs since surgery, with 20 lbs to reach the surgeon's goal weight. My advice (although not solicited) is to start walking as soon as possible. It really made me feel much better. Good Luck!
  • ragslittle
    ragslittle Posts: 176 Member
    Congrats!! good luck on your journey!!
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Congrats! You are doing great! I had sleeve surgery 6/11/12. I lost 47 pounds post op from 2/12 to 6/11/12 and have since lost 91 post op for a total lost of 138 pounds. I love my sleeve and don't regret the decision of having WLS. I went from a size 24 jeans to wearing a size 6 Levis today!
  • LilyBugsMommy
    Grim_travelle: Thank you for the info on the tracker-it fixed my issue! :)
  • LilyBugsMommy
    Thank you everyone for your positive responses :)

Its nice to meet others on this site that have had a similar experience!

Good luck to all of you as well!!
  • Agate69
    Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
    Congrats, my rygb was oct 2010, and it was the best decision I ever made. Type II diabetes gone, sleep apnea gone, blood pressure under control. Excercise is part of my life and no longer hate it! Love may never happen, but it is a part of my life. Today i start loggng food again to make sure my protein is up to peak, to get ready for body contouring soon.