Healthy Snacks

Options
Hello! First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to answer all our questions! I unfortunately don't eat fruits and vegetables (I dislike the taste and texture) so it is very difficult for me to diet. I sometimes eat broccoli here and there and vegetable soup. I usually rely on fish (all seafood), meat, chicken, eggs, diet shakes, and carbs (whole wheat pasta, mashed potatoes, rice, etc.). I was wondering if you could recommend any healthy snacks that does not consist of fruits and vegetables? Thank you!

Replies

• FoodandFitness
    FoodandFitness Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    The context of "healthy" can't be narrowed down to individual foods. It all depends on how it fits in the entire diet. For example, donuts could be a great snack for someone who could fit it into their calorie and macronutrient goals while still getting sufficient fiber.

Fruits and veggies are high in vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Other food sources that are high in vitamins, minerals, and fiber are beans, whole grains, and nuts. You could eat more of those.

Try sneaking vegetables into foods that you do like. Puree cauliflower and add it to your mashed potatoes. Cover your broccoli in cheese, etc.