Starting after Easter, anyone else?

Options
kriskris92
kriskris92 Posts: 190 Member
Hey all! So I've decided to start on this wonderfully terrifying journey of C25K after Easter weekend...my first run will probably be Tuesday, April 2nd. Anyone else starting soon? I think I'm going to need all the motivation/support I can get and I would love to have someone to do this with! :)

Replies

• shutterbug21
    shutterbug21 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I think I'll start this soon too! I started it January 2012 and kept it up till May when I ran my first 5k with a time of 27 minutes. Now I want to start up again, it's a good a time as any!

I have Robery Ullery's podcast and I used that to train. What about you?
  • kriskris92
    Options
    I have the C25K app on my phone, and I also downloaded the 5k101 podcasts on itunes for my ipod...haven't decided which one I'll be using yet! I'm a complete beginner, never been able to run but always wanted to be able to so hopefully this will help :)
  • Somersault11
    Options
    I'm going to be starting April 1st. This will be my first time trying C25K. I could really use some support/motivation!
  • kriskris92
    Options
    Good luck to you! We'll be in it together!
  • kellegg22
    kellegg22 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I are starting April 1st! Can't wait
  • xtrout
    xtrout Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Why wait? Start tomorrow. You will be glad you did.
  • kriskris92
    Options

It seems silly to do day 1 and then take 4 days off, so I'm starting next week, when I know I can keep up with it and actually follow the schedule.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Please let us know about your first day....otherwise I'll be bugging you with private messages :)
  • LovingKay
    LovingKay Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've walked 5Ks and wanted to progress to running then stopped. I'll join you all on April1st! I am motivated reading everyone's post! I can do this -- we all can!
  • kriskris92
    Options
    So glad there will be people doing it at the same time as me! Good luck to all of you! :)
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options

It seems silly to do day 1 and then take 4 days off, so I'm starting next week, when I know I can keep up with it and actually follow the schedule.

Is is not silly, it is just one more day of running. And maybe you will have 30 mins somehow in the next days to run, so just put on your shoes and start.
  • kriskris92
    Options

Is is not silly, it is just one more day of running. And maybe you will have 30 mins somehow in the next days to run, so just put on your shoes and start.
    I won't have any time this weekend because I'm hosting family starting tonight and they won't be leaving until Monday afternoon. Hence the choice of starting after the weekend's craziness is over. I've made a plan to start in April - I'm not looking for people to try to change my plan, just people who want to join me.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    You have to understand that people are encouraging you to start now because they are excited for you.

Also, we've heard all the excuses for not starting, or starting later, because most of us have repeated them to ourselves for YEARS. However, experiencing the program gives you a "just do it" attitude. It's part of what makes this group so supportive.

You're not there yet...but you will be. :)
  • kriskris92
    Options
    You have to understand that people are encouraging you to start now because they are excited for you.

Also, we've heard all the excuses for not starting, or starting later, because most of us have repeated them to ourselves for YEARS. However, experiencing the program gives you a "just do it" attitude. It's part of what makes this group so supportive.

You're not there yet...but you will be. :)
    I understand that, and I do appreciate all the support. I didn't mean to sound ungrateful for the encouragement/support in my last message, just that as a student, this is the busiest and most stressful time of year for me. That's why I specifically made this thread about starting next week, when I will be able to stick to it.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    To everybody who started April 1st...how's it going?
  • hsd63
    hsd63 Posts: 4
    Options
    Started W1D1 yesterday. Completed it last year and ran a 5k on Thanksgiving day, but due to an injury over Christmas have not been able to run since. Decided to start over and take it slow so that I don't reinjure myself (us old guys have to be careful we don't heal as fast as we use to... or so I am finding out!!! LOL).
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Good for you. I remember seeing some of your posts. Injury-free is THE most critical goal.