Wk3 Mar27-Apr3 Daily check in/plan for this week

Options
DragonflyF15
DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
I don't know about you, but Easter candy is already calling my name each night this week! Easter is only one day, and we'll have 3 days till weigh in :) My plan is to workout a bit more each day, eat 100 calories less each day and just kick back and enjoy Easter, in moderation of course!

Breakfast: banana orange spinach smoothie with flax seed and almond milk. No bake home made protein bars made with chocolate protein powder, oats, peanut butter and flax seed.
Lunch: Whole grain bread with tuna and mixed salad greens
Snack: Carrots with hummus
Dinner: Tilapia and coconut battered baked shrimp with coco/mango spicy salsa on top of jasmine rice with a side salad using same salsa.

Workout: 1mile Leslie Sansone walk with mom, CathE Pyramid Lower Body and core, Zumba Sculpting, moderate upper body weights and 30 minute walk.

Replies

• sugah11
    sugah11 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Wow that is inspiring! No Easter candy for me one bite and I am sunk! Sticking to my basic plan, and working out, some racketball, some Leslie Sansone 3 mile fast Walk Challenge, JM30 day shred, and some time at the Y on the treadmill. I like to mix it up!
  • Gracie430
    Gracie430 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am committing to making it to the gym at least 5 times (counting today) before the next weigh-in. And, of course, stay under my calorie goal.
  • jess_goobie
    jess_goobie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Run and stick to healthy eating, im trying hard to stay away from processed food, havnt had fast food in a really long time. we are having a bbq saturday for easter for my fiance family then my family sunday, im not worried about the food as much as the drinks
  • karrianne32
    karrianne32 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm going to buy a small Easter egg and include it in my calories. We aren't going to the inlaws for dinner this year, so I can have total control of what I'm eating.
    I'm going to try and get my cross trainer time up from 10 minutes to 15 minutes, and aim for daily instead of it being sporadic! Fingers crossed!
    (But if I do go over my cals one day, I won't use it as permission to eat like a pig the rest of the week!)
    Have a great Easter peeps! xxx
  • Gracie430
    Gracie430 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I plan to check in everyday to keep myself accountable and read the posts to keep myself inspired and motivated. That will help me stick to my diet plan and help motivate me to exercise!!
  • jlg6599
    jlg6599 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I will continue to eat healthy and to implement work outs between my c25k runs. I also plan to continue walking for my breaks and lunch at work since I sit at a desk all day (between an hour and an hour and 15 minutes) This has been really working for me. Good luck to everyone.
  • mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I did NOT get any running in last week....maybe I'm not ready?

Will continue to eat within my macros and walk.

Main concerns for this week:
    -My boyfriend is leaving for five days---his presence keeps me accountable, so I hope not to slip up.
    -I've been having some great losses--if those stop, I hope not to get discouraged.
  • casmithis
    casmithis Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I have resorted to theft to keep me on track this weekend!! Haha. Where I work there's a small gym in the basement with a TV and some DVD's. One of the DVD's is Jillian's Shred. I tried it the other day and loved it. I live north of Toronto and the weather is still quite crappy for doing anything outside yet so i thought I'd better have a DVD handy that I can pop in. I've asked around to see who owns it and nobody knows! So, really I'm just borrowing it...right!! Don't phone the police yet. I will bring it back on Tuesday.

Have a good weekend everyone!! And remember, only eat chocolate if it's over 75%.cocoa!!

Cindy
  • mjhorner96
    Options
    I started the C25K on Monday and ran Monday and Wednesday. Walked on Tuesday - so that's my game plan to either do a workout from C25K or take the dog for a walk. Right now the weather is cooperating - a cool 40 degrees or so - but that is fantastic weather for running! If the weather doesn't cooperate - well, I haven't thought of that yet so will cross that bridge when I get to it. I do have a Leslie Sansone DVD so might do that.

Easter might present a challenge but I am going to focus on having a treat of candy and holding myself accountable for the calories. Especially if I go running I can eat my 1200 calories and use 100 calories or so on candy. I think I'll be okay. We have no family for gatherings so it's just me, my husband, and daughter so not concerned about too many meals (one advantage to no family!).

Today marks my 3rd week in and I've lost a total of 7 pounds. Very excited about that! My daughter's prom is in 5 weeks and I told myself I wanted to lose 20 lbs by then (picture taking you know!). I will be close if not at that goal. Yee-haw!

Keep it up everybody! It IS so inspiring to check in here and see all of you working as hard as I am and it does make me want to be and do better.

MJ
  • DragonflyF15
    Options
    I did NOT get any running in last week....maybe I'm not ready?

Will continue to eat within my macros and walk.

Main concerns for this week:
    -My boyfriend is leaving for five days---his presence keeps me accountable, so I hope not to slip up.
    -I've been having some great losses--if those stop, I hope not to get discouraged.

Probably don't want to hear it, but nobody keeps you accountable but yourself when it comes to your health. Until you take control of it, you don't own it and will always have an excuse. Do this for you, cause YOU want it. Having support to lean a bit on from time to time is one thing, but if you don't have the support at certain times, you have to learn to stand on your own. You can do this :)
  • DragonflyF15
    Options
    I have resorted to theft to keep me on track this weekend!! Haha. Where I work there's a small gym in the basement with a TV and some DVD's. One of the DVD's is Jillian's Shred. I tried it the other day and loved it. I live north of Toronto and the weather is still quite crappy for doing anything outside yet so i thought I'd better have a DVD handy that I can pop in. I've asked around to see who owns it and nobody knows! So, really I'm just borrowing it...right!! Don't phone the police yet. I will bring it back on Tuesday.

Have a good weekend everyone!! And remember, only eat chocolate if it's over 75%.cocoa!!

Cindy

That's too funny! At least you tried to ask :)
    I agree, if I'm going to eat chocolate, at least eat the good stuff!
  • DragonflyF15
    Options
    Sounds like everyone has some good plans and ideas for this week. I look forward to warmer weather, as I know that when I can get out there for bike rides on the trail, some hiking and gardening, it doesn't even feel like working out, just fun :)

Tonight is the girls night out, so plan is to stick to two drinks and an appetizer while out. Had an orange/banana/carrot smoothie with some eggs and hashbrowns this morning, plan on salad for lunch with tuna and a home made protein bar before I go out. Figured the 2 drink limit is good cause anything more than that and the guard goes down and bad food choices are made, usually on the way home at Taco Hell or something.

Have a great day!
  • DragonflyF15
    Options
    A few more days left! I think a combo of TOM, Easter eats, and lots of stress, kinda felt stuck in a rut for a few days. Having leftovers today, but at least it will be within my calories. Back to clean eating this week and find my mojo to get to working out. This yo yo weather is not helping either, as I find on day I feel high energy and healthy, it's sunny, warmer and days I feel low and want comfy foods is on the cold days. Old man winter, go away!

Hope everyone tried their best at being a weekend warrior and got through it :)