A donut hole made me do it!

Options
Fat2FitChick
Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
I have been on Keto for a little over 1month and had lost close to 15 lbs. then on Sunday I went crazy and had a donut hole and the then the flood gates opened. I ate 2 cupcakes, 2 donuts and then had a McDonald value meal. OMG I ate about 2500 calories that night just from that. It was like I couldn't stop myself!

Well I stepped on the scale the next morning to see my damage and OMG I gained 5lbs. I know some of it is water from the sodium but I ate so many carbs, a ton of sugar. I have been drinking water like crazy and I am being super strict with my macros to get back on track but I am worried I really caused some damage.

What should I do?

Replies

• kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Back to induction.
    Drink lots of water.
    20 g of carbs or less, high fat, moderate protein.
    Don't do it again.

A lot of it will come off quickly, but you'll probably be left with a couple pound gain. Put it behind you, learn from it, and get back on the keto wagon.
  • Fat2FitChick
    Options
    I learned my lesson for sure! I will not go down that road again! Thank you! I know they say carbs are addictive but OMG I had no idea how serious it was until that Sunday night.

Thanks again!
  • Jasmine_James
    Jasmine_James Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. I tried taking a little break from keto in February after following it religiously for 6 weeks. That break turned into blueberry scones every morning and pizza at lunch and cake after dinner for several days in a row. I'm back to where I was before the break, but it was a wake up call to me. I have almost no carb cravings when I'm following keto -- but as soon as I stop, boom! Like you said, the flood gates open.

You should be really proud of yourself for so immediately jumping back into the keto lifestyle. I wish I had done that the day after my binge -- rather than a few weeks later (though I am also proud of myself for getting back into it).

One thing that's helped me this past week is that at Whole Foods I discovered in the raw section coconut oil chocolates. I know I can make my own, but I wanted to experiment with some from the store first. Just one small square at night has really been letting me feel like I'm getting my sweet stuff and diminished the other temptations.
  • Fat2FitChick
    Options
    I stopped myself because after I realized what I was doing I was overwhelmed by pure fear lol. I won't go back again. I did actually make my own coconut chocolate afew days ago. It is good enough to take the edge off but I will be staying away from it until my body is well adjusted back into Keto.
    I am the same way. I tried taking a little break from keto in February after following it religiously for 6 weeks. That break turned into blueberry scones every morning and pizza at lunch and cake after dinner for several days in a row. I'm back to where I was before the break, but it was a wake up call to me. I have almost no carb cravings when I'm following keto -- but as soon as I stop, boom! Like you said, the flood gates open.

You should be really proud of yourself for so immediately jumping back into the keto lifestyle. I wish I had done that the day after my binge -- rather than a few weeks later (though I am also proud of myself for getting back into it).

One thing that's helped me this past week is that at Whole Foods I discovered in the raw section coconut oil chocolates. I know I can make my own, but I wanted to experiment with some from the store first. Just one small square at night has really been letting me feel like I'm getting my sweet stuff and diminished the other temptations.