A interruption in the program-advice

Options
marieann82
marieann82 Posts: 150 Member
I have a family vacation (the first one in almost 5 years!) at the beginning of June. I will have just finished week 11 if everything stays on track the day before we leave. We will be gone for 8-9 days with four days in the car traveling.

I am trying to decide if I pack my dvd's along with my weights and try to finish week 12 in the mornings before things get going. I am not so sure if that is practical.

Or I was thinking about trying to find a gym in the area and try a few new classes a couple days and then finish when I get back.

What would you do if you were bent on finishing the program?

Replies

• kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I have a family vacation (the first one in almost 5 years!) at the beginning of June. I will have just finished week 11 if everything stays on track the day before we leave. We will be gone for 8-9 days with four days in the car traveling.

I am trying to decide if I pack my dvd's along with my weights and try to finish week 12 in the mornings before things get going. I am not so sure if that is practical.

Or I was thinking about trying to find a gym in the area and try a few new classes a couple days and then finish when I get back.

What would you do if you were bent on finishing the program?

That's tough... especially the 'in the car' traveling. I think I would try to work out as much as possible while you're gone and pick up where you left off when you get back. If you think you can spare a 1/2 hour tho every day - take the stuff w/you. Also, your band can double as weights for alot of the stuff.
  • moniquedeanne
    moniquedeanne Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I would take the break from JMBR and just pick it up where you left off when you get home. Maybe add an extra Week 13. Try and be active during your vacation, but most importantly have fun. You deserve to just enjoy your vacation.
  • patticarbjunkie
    patticarbjunkie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I would take the break from JMBR and just pick it up where you left off when you get home. Maybe add an extra Week 13. Try and be active during your vacation, but most importantly have fun. You deserve to just enjoy your vacation.

I agree, enjoy your vacation. Just start over where you left off. Go for walks and enjoy yourself!!
  • Zeppyb
    Zeppyb Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I would try to be active and not go overboard on eating during vacation and maybe try to get in some running or good walls. I would just pick up with BR when you return home and maybe do an extra week. You work hard to afford and plan a vacation so you should enjoy yourself!! Jillian will be ready and waiting when you return home. :)
  • Pwrpuff83
    Pwrpuff83 Posts: 92
    Options
    I agree you should just take a break, but keep active during your holiday. Walks, pushups, situps, jogging...you know the type of thing.
    This week I HAD to take off as I had a surgical procedure that required a break from too much physical activity and it was no vacation, but it was actually quite nice to just have the week! I'm looking forward to getting back to it and am planning on easing myself back into the program, but I think providing you keep yourself up and running, a little time away would not at all be detrimental to the program.
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I agree with the consensus. Put Jillian on hold till you return, but get in plenty of activity while you're gone.
  • huisfi
    huisfi Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I would try to be active and not go overboard on eating during vacation and maybe try to get in some running or good walls. I would just pick up with BR when you return home and maybe do an extra week. You work hard to afford and plan a vacation so you should enjoy yourself!! Jillian will be ready and waiting when you return home. :)

THIS! Iwas struggling with the same question. I will be done the week before vacation unless I feel I need to repeat a week somewhere. I plan on being pretty active on vacation and there is a gym close by if I feel the urge.....so I agree. Just enjoy. But dont go overboard. ;)
  • marieann82
    marieann82 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks all.