My first ever Running NSV!!

Options
Today was Week 3 Day 1... here's my crazy stupid NSV. Are you ready? ok here goes. I am currently 5' 2.5" and weigh 189 lbs as of my last weigh in a few days ago. I started on MFP at 240 lbs last August. I never thought I could run. I never thought I was *able* to run.. I thought I was too overweight, too top heavy (I wear a 34 I bra size.. yes, I.. and yes, natural) or just too out of shape.

After 60 or 90 sec runs, I thought I was doing pretty good. I didn't attribute much to it, thinking come on.. anyone (ok, not anyone, but you know what I mean) can run for a minute to a minute and a half.

Today I ran for THREE MINUTES !! Solid, non stop! I didn't keep looking at the clock. I put my phone in my pocket and ignored the readout on the treadmill. I ran and kept my pace steady right around 4mph without gasping, without freaking out or worrying about when the walking interval would be. THREE MINUTES! WooHoo!!

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    You are a rockstar!

Some day, we should compare lists of excuses about why we can't run. I think overcoming that hurdle is more critical than the completing first run of W1D1.

Way to go!
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    C25K victories are my favorite to read about, mostly because I never considered myself a runner and can relate to everyone's struggles and concerns. If you think you feel great NOW, wait until you finish it and run a 5k. You'll be over the moon :)

Awesome job! Keep it up :)
  • fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You've accomplished something in week 3 that I still haven't after finishing the program 2 years ago. You were in "the zone". That is definitely worth celebrating :drinker:
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    You are incredible! Ironically, I think we have the same stats... height, starting weight (ish, I was 250), current weight, minus the I cup which I don't have. I also once couldn't imagine running for 3 minutes. You are doing awesome, and there's nothing crazy, stupid, or little about your NSV. Like others have said... we've been there, and all thought our accomplishments were small. Somehow, they feel bigger in hindsight.

I wish you many, many more NSV's, running and otherwise. And keep believing in yourself! My first real 5k is 3 1/2 weeks away, and I can already almost dependably finish it... hills and all. Keep plugging!
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Awsome. The first mile is the hardest
  • pet1127
    pet1127 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    love it awesome made me smile
  • johnlatte
    johnlatte Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Excellent job. I just finished W3D2, and can't wait to run my first 5k. Been about 7 years since I ran. Good luck.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Like others have said... we've been there, and all thought our accomplishments were small. Somehow, they feel bigger in hindsight.

^^^So true!
  • GC2B
    GC2B Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    be proud, its a great achievement :)
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    Congratulations, that is awesome! Isn´t it fantastic, that feeling, when you achieve something you never thought you could?
  • TrishaRN_74
    TrishaRN_74 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have the top heavy issue, too (38DDD is what I wear, but I have never been truly measured), and always used it as an excuse. My GYN suggested wearing a regular bra with a sports bra over it for extra support and it really works. I'm on W2D2 (did it today, plus some!) and I'm looking forward to being able to run the longer distances. Good luck with your running! Feel free to add me, if you want!
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the pat on the back.. I never thought I could even see myself as a runner, much less that I'd enjoy it. One week to go til my walking 5K. And 14 weeks to go to my first ever jog/walk 10K!