Popcorn Seasoning

Options
Jayne19099
Jayne19099 Posts: 149 Member
Hi Everone!

I just started to eat popcorn again, it has been awhile. I love the basic butter and salt variety but I know there are other options out there. I have seen some "cheddar cheese" and other seasonings in the stores but don't want all the additives etc in them.

What delicious healthy things do you put on your popcorn?

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    chili seasoning,
    if i feel fat i mix, cheese butter and milk and melt it and put that on too.
  • stefi2107
    stefi2107 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I use a thing called nutritional yeast. It has a cheesy/nutty flavor! So its like eating cheesy popcorn! You can but it sometimes in grocery stores or at health food stores.
  • kshay89
    kshay89 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If you're needing a sweet fix, I've drizzled melted peanut butter mixed with a little honey and cinnamon onto popcorn.

I generally just pop mine on the stove in a little oil and then sprinkle with salt. Just about any spices/herbs would be pretty good
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Garlic powder and a sprinkle of Parmesan. Sooo good!
  • rphsews2
    rphsews2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am fortunate to live very close to a Penzey's spice store. I love their seasoning blends such as Fox Point, a blend that includes chives and onion. Their Mural of Flavor is good too.
  • RunningRichelle
    RunningRichelle Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Bump.

I looooove popcorn and these toppings all sound awesome!
  • aynsleymorgan
    aynsleymorgan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    We use different epicure seasonings... current fav is is the Taco seasoning - also like the Herb and Garlic. I think they have started to offer actual popcorn seasonings too
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind swaying a little from clean eating, Kernel Season's popcorn seasoning is delicious. And it is at least all natural and low calorie.

Also, good old fashioned salt and pepper tastes yummy!
  • antitek
    antitek Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I use a thing called nutritional yeast. It has a cheesy/nutty flavor! So its like eating cheesy popcorn! You can but it sometimes in grocery stores or at health food stores.

The nutritional yeast is totally one of my favorites. Great on kale chips!
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Yep love nutritional yeast and onion/garlic powder on mine. Occasionally if I want a spice I'll sprinkle Tabasco on it. I'm not afraid of the occasional use of Kernals nacho cheese powder. Kroger used to make their version which I actually liked the taste of better.
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options

Yeessss! This is my favorite popcorn topping! I pop mine in coconut oil and put a little melted butter, salt, and nutritional yeast on it. So delicious.
  • Christie0428
    Christie0428 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    great ideas!
  • ladylaume
    ladylaume Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Im addicted to the popcorn seasonings! I love them all lol and since i eat mostly clean 99% of the time i don't feel bad for adding the toppings here and there