Loss of appetite - shall I stop reset and start my cut?

SweetHarmony81
SweetHarmony81 Posts: 123 Member
Hi!

For the past 5 weeks I've been increased my eating and do around 1850 on my rest days and 2100 on workout days (5'6, 155lbs, 31yrs sedentary job with 3 workouts/week, TDEE around 2000. Use to eat 1300-1400 for years before starting the reset)

When I first started adding more calories my appetite was firing! So, even though I was bloated I was really hungry almost every day. For the past week though it seems that my appetite has shrunk a lot. I actually never go hungry but force myself to eat just to get my daily calories in.
My weight seems also pretty stable, after the initial 8lbs gain. I still feel bloated, can't fit in my clothes and have also gained 0.5-1 inches all around me body.

Could this be a sign that my body is happy with the current calories and thus I can start with a slow cut from next week? Or should I wait for the bloat to go and do the full 8 week? the thing is, i'm really NOT hungry, so I hate this forcing of eating!

Any thoughts are more than welcome!

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    I would suggest completing at least the 8wks, then do a small cut of 10% and make sure to cycle a week of TDEE after every 4wks of cut.
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    About 6 weeks in of my reset, I started to lose my appetite tooo and thought it was a sign that my body was ready for the cut! But I just stuck with the full 8 weeks, cause I knew I should probably complete it properly..

So I did! Now I'm cutting!

Best of luck x
  • SweetHarmony81
    Thanks Lucia, I know I probably should stay there. It's just very discouraging when my clothes are so tight AND I don't even have the appetite to eat! I feel like I'm stuffing my face with food when I'm not really hungry...

Mareeee1234, how did you cope with your loss of appetite? Just kept eating even though you were full? How much weight did you gain during your reset? Was it all in the beginning throughout the 8 weeks?

I usually weight myself every week to check. First couple of weeks I was up 6-7 lbs and then the next two or so I was pretty stable. Now I really feel like I've gained another 3-4 lbs in just a week with only 100-200 cals more. Will see on Monday but that's how I feel :frown:
  • kitka82
    kitka82 Posts: 350 Member
    Thanks Lucia, I know I probably should stay there. It's just very discouraging when my clothes are so tight AND I don't even have the appetite to eat! I feel like I'm stuffing my face with food when I'm not really hungry...

Mareeee1234, how did you cope with your loss of appetite? Just kept eating even though you were full? How much weight did you gain during your reset? Was it all in the beginning throughout the 8 weeks?

I usually weight myself every week to check. First couple of weeks I was up 6-7 lbs and then the next two or so I was pretty stable. Now I really feel like I've gained another 3-4 lbs in just a week with only 100-200 cals more. Will see on Monday but that's how I feel :frown:

At the beginning of my reset, I literally felt like I would vomit at the end of most days. Currently, I am hungry often, and am more than comfortable eating at (or sometimes above) TDEE. I think I was trying to cram too many foods into one day. It's much easier to just choose foods that are higher in calorie density (nuts, avocado, full fat everything).
  • SweetHarmony81
    Maybe my problem is I try and eat healthy food, so to get to my TDEE I need to eat really high volume!
    But on the other hand, I don't want to start eating cookies and sweats to get my cals in! Avocados and nuts I eat a lot. Maybe I should start eating a few more high calorie foods then such as granola, cheese (i.e. blue cheese). Or smoothies...
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    You throw a tablespoon or 2 of peanut butter (correctly weighed of course) into a protein shake, you can get there fast with that 250 cal bump.
  • SweetHarmony81
    Yes! I need to include some more high calorie/low volume foods in my existing diet as my meals are already too big increase them as such...