Will this WORK? What Else? Im Shopping Today..

Options
momtraders
momtraders Posts: 64 Member
Hi ladies, I am so excited to learn about lifting...

I am ready to take the challenge and make a difference in my life. Im not even remotely worried about the scale, I want a toned, strong body and I plan on dedicating all of this next year to working my *kitten* off to get it.

So... I have an old MAX By Weider home gym that I dug outa the garage today. Hubby was nice enough to show me some of the different excersises that can be done. It boasts over 65 variations.

Here is the exact machine I have. It is not as new and shiny... BUT you get the idea.
homegym.jpg

My question: is this what I will need? Also, will I need anything else? I am so ready to go shopping online today, I just need to know what to get... I still have not purchased the book, so I know I need to do that as well.

Does anyone have a diet cheat sheet? Im not looking for mutiple recipes, I prefer to keep this all dead simple with step by step directions and that is it.

Im soooo stoked ladies! I don't know, this just seems so right up my alley!

Replies

• This_chick221
    Options
    Have you read the book?? It has ALL instructions and meal plans too!
  • momtraders
    momtraders Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Nope, I am behind, but i wanted to see if it was doable for me, before making any investments.
  • This_chick221
    Options
    It's a pretty intricate routine, the book is under $20, I would recommend getting it and taking a look before you shop. I'm beginning too, and it would be like writing a book report to fill you in on recipes, workouts and the like. It was A LOT for me to process. I plan to hit the gym tonight though. I have my print outs ready to go. The diet is based on your RMR, the days you workout, etc. Really worth the read.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    The book focuses on compound lifts like squats, deadlifts, lunges, etc. and variations of those moves. None of these can be performed on a machine. With only a couple of exceptions, the program utilizes free weights (dumbbells, barbell w/plates).

Your machine, like most machines, focus mostly on isolation exercises. You could develop your routine using the 65 variations the machine boasts.