Introduce YOURSELF

Options
Hello everyone! I don't expect for this group to grow big, mostly because it's not an easy challenge and we will have to work out pretty hard. But as JILLIAN promises, I can promise you aswell, that with clean eating and these workouts you won't even recognise yourself after 50 days. I can't wait to start, so I've put the starting date on the 1st, for myself. Of course, everyone starts when he/she can, and I want you to add me as a friend and if you need motivation just shout and I can be a witch if I want to.
I promise I will post pictures of my progress every 10 days. Don't forget to do your measurements and photos before starting.

Ah and... i'm Rita, 23 years old, 5'6" and 136 lb

Replies

• ruthyluv
    ruthyluv Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Ruthy. I'm 5'4 at 157 lbs. and I'm looking to get down to 130, so my goal is to lose 27 lbs. I recently tried Jillian Michael's Yoga dvd and I loved it. I'm looking forward to doing this challenge. thank you for starting this group and for your encouragement. I recently started following a gluten-free/dairy free/sugar free diet and I'm hoping with this challenge I am able to achieve my goal weight. :)
  • Qlow
    Qlow Posts: 92
    Options
    Hello! I'm Ruthy. I'm 5'4 at 157 lbs. and I'm looking to get down to 130, so my goal is to lose 27 lbs. I recently tried Jillian Michael's Yoga dvd and I loved it. I'm looking forward to doing this challenge. thank you for starting this group and for your encouragement. I recently started following a gluten-free/dairy free/sugar free diet and I'm hoping with this challenge I am able to achieve my goal weight. :)

I'm already clean-eating and on sugar-free (but I eat fruits and ice-cream sometimes hihi). And of course you'll make it! I have 16 to get to my goal but I really want to do it in these 2 months and I want to tone up and maybe, just maybe get some abs :) for this summer.
  • Jaewest
    Jaewest Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi My name is Jocelyn I am 5'11 and on March 4th I was 276lbs. That was the day I gave myself 20 days to live not only clean but a semi raw food lifestyle. It was only 20 days I figured I could make it through right? So like Jillian says if it doesn't grow from the ground or have a mother I didn't eat it. Today is now the 28th and with just changing my diet and walking 4 miles a day I now weigh 250 and I haven't stopped.

I am SOOOO looking forward to this challenge because soon after this 50 days is over I will be 43 and I have been over 200 pounds most of those 43 years (since I was 15 when I was pregnant with baby #1). Living clean is not a diet to me it is now my lifestyle. I love it. I have no cravings, I have more energy then I know what to do with, and I am no longer depressed. I hated exercise and sweating and the pain and I thought the people who loved it where crazy....and now I am one of those crazy people. So my goal is, walking is good cardio but I really need to tone... I want a hot bod! And not a hot 43 year old hot bod. Like a "There is NO WAY you are 43 with 4 kids" Hot bod! My goal weight according to BMI should be between 150 and 173 so we will see what happens when I get closer.
  • MsTanyaRN
    MsTanyaRN Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Tanya. I am 5'3 and sadly weighing 218 but down from 226. I never thought I would get that heavy but working nights and bad eating habits the past few years helped me out along with a knee injury. I am so much more focused now on getting healthier and being more active so looking forward to this challenge. I had already planned on starting 30DS on April 1st so this is perfect. I have been trying to start it all of March and have had so many things going on that I decided to get through all that first. I have been doing circuits off and on throughout the day and at work as exercise and eating between 12-1800 calories. I've lost 8lbs in the past two months on MFP and am looking forward to losing some more. I have a ways to go but I'll get there!! Good luck everyone!!
  • Qlow
    Options
    Hi My name is Jocelyn I am 5'11 and on March 4th I was 276lbs. That was the day I gave myself 20 days to live not only clean but a semi raw food lifestyle. It was only 20 days I figured I could make it through right? So like Jillian says if it doesn't grow from the ground or have a mother I didn't eat it. Today is now the 28th and with just changing my diet and walking 4 miles a day I now weigh 250 and I haven't stopped.

I am SOOOO looking forward to this challenge because soon after this 50 days is over I will be 43 and I have been over 200 pounds most of those 43 years (since I was 15 when I was pregnant with baby #1). Living clean is not a diet to me it is now my lifestyle. I love it. I have no cravings, I have more energy then I know what to do with, and I am no longer depressed. I hated exercise and sweating and the pain and I thought the people who loved it where crazy....and now I am one of those crazy people. So my goal is, walking is good cardio but I really need to tone... I want a hot bod! And not a hot 43 year old hot bod. Like a "There is NO WAY you are 43 with 4 kids" Hot bod! My goal weight according to BMI should be between 150 and 173 so we will see what happens when I get closer.

Determination you have and that's brilliant. As I said this all is not easy and if you feel like you can't do both workouts a day, feel free to modify and do as you like. If you weren't working out a lot, you might find two workouts to be a bit too much but I'm always thinking that one workout is just 30 minutes (30DS.RI30 and QTZ) so I can do it. One in the morning, one in the afternoon. And the longer ones (NMTZ and BFBM) are harder but I already did all of them and I had absolutely no muscle to work with in the beggining.
    And well done with the clean eating, you see it has brilliant effects on weight-losing and I'm sure you feel a lot better generally.
    Happy to have you on board :) and don't forget to share your experience even if it's bad hihi.
  • Qlow
    Options
    Hello, I'm Tanya. I am 5'3 and sadly weighing 218 but down from 226. I never thought I would get that heavy but working nights and bad eating habits the past few years helped me out along with a knee injury. I am so much more focused now on getting healthier and being more active so looking forward to this challenge. I had already planned on starting 30DS on April 1st so this is perfect. I have been trying to start it all of March and have had so many things going on that I decided to get through all that first. I have been doing circuits off and on throughout the day and at work as exercise and eating between 12-1800 calories. I've lost 8lbs in the past two months on MFP and am looking forward to losing some more. I have a ways to go but I'll get there!! Good luck everyone!!

Hi Tanya! I love your name! You don't have a LOT to lose, I've seen people here who have to lose your whole weight. You'll do really good and the fact that you are on MFP shows that you want to do this, and you can! I need these groups because I need to talk with people about working out and eating healthy, share experiences since I don't have people around me who wish to be healthyer and more fit. Do the 30DS first if you feel like 2 workouts are too much and when you get to the point where you think you could handle more, give a shot to the RI30.
    Good journey and happy to have you here
  • hjc123
    hjc123 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Hayley. I'm 5"6 and just under 70kg (150lbs) (haven't weighed myself recently as I don't have a pair of scales at the moment) but I will take measurements before the challenge and try to weigh myself at some point during and after. My short term goal is to lose 5kg (10lbs) by the start of May. My ultimate goal is to get to about 52-3kg (115lbs?) I already eat fairly clean; I follow a plant based diet.

I have already started mixing up the 30DS and RI30 challenges as well as a bit of BBFBM. I am going to attempt a sugar detox throughout April, as my sweet tooth has gotten seriously out of hand and I need to kick this addiction if I want to live a healthier lifestyle.

Good luck everyone, let's keep each other motivated :)
  • Qlow
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Hayley. I'm 5"6 and just under 70kg (150lbs) (haven't weighed myself recently as I don't have a pair of scales at the moment) but I will take measurements before the challenge and try to weigh myself at some point during and after. My short term goal is to lose 5kg (10lbs) by the start of May. My ultimate goal is to get to about 52-3kg (115lbs?) I already eat fairly clean; I follow a plant based diet.

I have already started mixing up the 30DS and RI30 challenges as well as a bit of BBFBM. I am going to attempt a sugar detox throughout April, as my sweet tooth has gotten seriously out of hand and I need to kick this addiction if I want to live a healthier lifestyle.

Good luck everyone, let's keep each other motivated :)

Hey Hayley! Than you're almost my twin (height/weight). Just get a measuring tape and measure your hips/chest/arms/legs/waist/lower waist. You'll see the results will be more inch(cm)-wise than kgs, as you gain muscle-weight while losing the fat cells. And take some photos, you'll be more than surprised comparing the before-afters.
    Well done for changing your eating-habits, I'm getting there as well, doing my best cooking for myself and keeP processed food out.
    Good luck and of course modify if you feel like it and share when you feel like it, I'm happy to read about everyone's progress.
  • cclittle
    cclittle Posts: 8
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm Chandra and I'm 5"4 and I'm 175lbs. I just logged back on to my fitnesspal. My goal is not only to lose 30lbs but to become more, more flexible and continue a regular healthy lifestyle without going back to my old ways. I've been walking/jogging, and doing some of the Biggest Loser's Exercises but I'm attempting to do JM's yoga meltdown, sixpack abs, and a maybe the 30d shred. I've taken the sugar out of my diet by drinking green tea w/o sugar. I purchased a 2L container filled with water, lemons, cucumber, mint leaves and ginger that I sip all day to get all my water in. I also rotate my breakfast meals by adding a smoothie w/pea protein powder at least 3 or 4 days a week. I have also cut out flour, white rice, regular pasta, dairy (I use coconut milk or soy milk), soda, chips, crackers (I might 5 crackers once or twice a week), all meats, except that I try to eat fish at least 2-3 times. I get my protein from beans and soy products. So I'm excited for the challenge. I'm looking forward to how awesome we'll look and feel after this challenge.
  • ItsLeilz
    ItsLeilz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Leila, 25 years old, I am 5'2" and weigh 138lbs. I can't wait to start this challenge. My weight is constantly up an down but I am determined to make 2013 the year I reach my target weight and maintain it! 50 days!! LETS DO THIS!!
  • Qlow
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm Chandra and I'm 5"4 and I'm 175lbs. I just logged back on to my fitnesspal. My goal is not only to lose 30lbs but to become more, more flexible and continue a regular healthy lifestyle without going back to my old ways. I've been walking/jogging, and doing some of the Biggest Loser's Exercises but I'm attempting to do JM's yoga meltdown, sixpack abs, and a maybe the 30d shred. I've taken the sugar out of my diet by drinking green tea w/o sugar. I purchased a 2L container filled with water, lemons, cucumber, mint leaves and ginger that I sip all day to get all my water in. I also rotate my breakfast meals by adding a smoothie w/pea protein powder at least 3 or 4 days a week. I have also cut out flour, white rice, regular pasta, dairy (I use coconut milk or soy milk), soda, chips, crackers (I might 5 crackers once or twice a week), all meats, except that I try to eat fish at least 2-3 times. I get my protein from beans and soy products. So I'm excited for the challenge. I'm looking forward to how awesome we'll look and feel after this challenge.

Hey Chandra! You've got everything figured it out as I can see, you have great determination and control over your lifestyle and that's 80% win. The remaining 20% is just time, because our bodies need time to change and clean itself, tone up. The best thing of all is that we try doing it in a healthy way, changing bit by bit.
    I'm a big fan of tea as well, I tend to drink 10 cups of green tea a day w/o sugar or milk. Just because I don't enjoy drinking water I drink lots of tea instead.
    As of crackers, if you enjoy them I would suggest the simple or simple cream crackers. I eat those sometimes instead of bread when I really feel the need. I put 5g of cheese (cottage) on a cracker and it's lovely. Or juuust a little cheddar and into the microwave to melt it and it tastes heavenly...good for a low cal snack.
    Have a lovely 50 days journey and believe me, I'm excited as well, really looking forward to it.
  • Qlow
    Options
    Hi, I am Leila, 25 years old, I am 5'2" and weigh 138lbs. I can't wait to start this challenge. My weight is constantly up an down but I am determined to make 2013 the year I reach my target weight and maintain it! 50 days!! LETS DO THIS!!

Hey Leila!
    Don't worry about your weight! As you don't need to lose a lot, weight doesn't matter too much! Inches matter. Of course you will lose a lot of fat if you work out, but also gain muscle that has it's own weight. You'll have a rocking beach-body, believe me and we'll do this together so there's no chance to fail. I'll make sure to message you when I see you didn't worked out hihi :D
    Have a lovely day and journey!
  • 120mustdo
    120mustdo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi I am not 5 ft , my current weight is 151. Have lost 10 so far.. looking forward to the challenge to improve my overall health.
    I did level 1 30 day Shred and was 1 day short of completing it and just stopped ! So, I am going to start over again ** April 1, press for 30 days.Then I will decide if I want to START OVER...The eating clean is another challenge and I am going to take it one day at a time .Plan ahead will be the key to my success. Thankful and looking forward to great results for everyone. Oh, My name is Tina
  • Jaewest
    Jaewest Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am ready for the challenge and I will be doing both videos :) Don't let my weight or age fool you. (Although I maybe a little sore for the first few days lol)

We are starting Monday right?
  • jeepcj5
    jeepcj5 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm Jess and I just had a baby 8 weeks ago. I'm 5'4, 200 pounds and currently still struggling to lose the baby weight. I usually eat pretty clean diet but I know theres always room for improvement. I eat a LOT of protein and try to stay away from sugar, gluten and processed foods. I love the paleo way of life however it can be hard when you have two kids and husband who LOVES junk food! My weight goal is 130 pounds which is usually what I weigh. I also use to run half marathons and I'm looking at signing up for another this summer so I really need to get my butt into gear. I look forward to watching everyone's process!
  • Caroline_Lu
    Options
    Hello! I'm Caroline, 21 too, just under 70kg and I don't know my height but pretty average amongst my female friends (in the UK)! I got down to 62kg and relatively fit by cycling 10 miles a day for my work commute, but been back at uni for six months now and spending every day sat in the library has taken it's toll. My aim is to get to 60kg, lose the wobbly bits but most importantly feel fit. I have been doing the NHS Couch to 5k plan this week to get back into running so will combine that with one of the strength workouts. Things standing in my way: at home on holidays for two weeks where I cook for and eat with my parents so can't massively change my diet (it's fairly healthy at home anyway as mum's a veggie), then I have exams coming up at uni so will be struggling to allow myself time to cook/work out even tho I know it will keep the stress levels down! Here goes - good luck everyone!
  • Bell519
    Bell519 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm April. I'm 31years old, 5'11" and 194lbs. I have been eating clean for about 6 months now and have recently started a beginners running program. I also just got the JM Body Revolution dvd set and plan to do that along with a couple of her other dvds 6 days per week. I love the idea of a good challenge so count me in! Here's to a better version of us!:drinker: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • BozGirl
    BozGirl Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! I'm Mimi, 5'9" and 193lbs. I had a baby 16 months ago and have lost 62 pounds, which is all my baby weight and then some. I came home from the hospital in November 2011 weighing 255 pounds--it was a huge wake-up call for me. I was so out of shape it was hard to hold and take care of my son, and I decided that I was going to be a fit mom--and what a journey it has been! I can now jog 4 miles at a time, and getting to "Onederland" was so exciting! My goal is to lose 40 more pounds and wear a bikini this summer.

I want to mix up my workouts and get toned for summer, so I am super excited about working hard and staying motivated with this group!
  • Qlow
    Options
    Hi I am not 5 ft , my current weight is 151. Have lost 10 so far.. looking forward to the challenge to improve my overall health.
    I did level 1 30 day Shred and was 1 day short of completing it and just stopped ! So, I am going to start over again ** April 1, press for 30 days.Then I will decide if I want to START OVER...The eating clean is another challenge and I am going to take it one day at a time .Plan ahead will be the key to my success. Thankful and looking forward to great results for everyone. Oh, My name is Tina

Hey Tina! I want to welcome everyone individually here.
    Good job losing that 10 lbs, I lost the similar till now, 11. But we all know, the less you have to lose, the harder it melts down. And you're right, eating clean is not just some kind of diet you do for couple of days, it's a whole change of lifestyle and I wish you all the luck getting there. I'm trying my best as well but I can always use some friends with who I can discuss over what we eat :D
    This time don't give up on the 30 DS because it's worth it, you'll see and you'll be really happy with the results. The reason I'm doing this challenge is that I loved the 30 DS (actually the results haha) and I want some more of that feeling.
    Good luck!
  • Qlow
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm Jess and I just had a baby 8 weeks ago. I'm 5'4, 200 pounds and currently still struggling to lose the baby weight. I usually eat pretty clean diet but I know theres always room for improvement. I eat a LOT of protein and try to stay away from sugar, gluten and processed foods. I love the paleo way of life however it can be hard when you have two kids and husband who LOVES junk food! My weight goal is 130 pounds which is usually what I weigh. I also use to run half marathons and I'm looking at signing up for another this summer so I really need to get my butt into gear. I look forward to watching everyone's process!

Hey Jess! Congratulations for your lovely baby!
    I agree that if you have others to cook for it's harder to change only your eating habits. I'm currently au pairing for a family, taking care of their 2 boys, 10-12 hours/day. That means I cook for the boys as well and since they won,t eat my chicken salads (haha) I cook for them separately. It's challenging, I can tell you that. Do the best you can and even if you can't stick to clean eating, watch your calorie intake, adjust it to TDEE-20% and you should be fine.
    Good luck and happy to have you here