What's going to happen?

Options
InnerFatGirl
InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
Cross post:

Heya guys! It's been a while. I managed to lose 42lbs, was only 14lbs away from my goal then I fell off the wagon. Hard. Gained 17.5lbs, going from a very nice 154lbs to a depressing 171.5lbs. It's hit me hard, and I've been *this* close to giving up, but I'm terrified of going back to the place I began. To make matters worse, I now have a desk job so my calorie limits are much lower.

SO! I decided to shake things up. I am now on 1400 calories, and have started to exercise, something I didn't do before. Below is my routine, and I would like some advice if you're so kind to give it :)

I strength train 3-4 times a week, I also do cardio in the same session, burning around 200 calories. I eat at a deficit usually (1400 calories) but often can be in surplus (not in a good way). I'm trying to increase my protein and eat at least 100g per day. I am 5'5" and currently weigh 171.5lbs.

My question is, what's going to happen? I know you can't really build muscle on a deficit, but I am trying to lose weight so I'm wary of a surplus. Will I just lose weight and maintain my current mass, avoiding the dreaded skinny fat? Will I gain fat? Will I build some muscle? Will nothing happen at all? Lend me your thoughts.

Thank you!

Also, this is my current routine:

6kg dumbbell squats - 10 reps, 3 sets.

15kg barbell press - 15 reps, 3 sets.

6kg bent over dumbbell rows - 15 reps, 3 sets.

15kg upright rows - 10 reps, 2 sets.

Weighted squats - 15kg, 15 reps, 3 sets.

Bench crunches with 4kg dumbbell on my legs - 15 reps, 3 sets.