Huge NSV

Options
Julie_Donahue
Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
Today I ran....and ran....and ran....

Today was W7D2: Run 2.5 miles or 25 minutes.

First of all, I don't run anywhere near a 10 minute mile, so I knew that was not gonna happen. But I was determined to run for 25 minutes. I struggled about halfway through. But when the voice on my app told me to "Begin cool down". I rebelled. I kept running. I ran through the entire cool down. And I kept running. I decided to go for 2 miles. I ended up running for 35 minutes. (Yep...a 17 minute mile.)

Also, my speeds were faster today. I usually top out at 3.5 MPH (and decrease by .1 every song.) Today I started at 4.0 and stayed their for a song. By the halfway mark, I was still going strong at 3.4 MPH.

I+run+slow.jpg

Replies

• KathleenKP
    KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

I like your orange sign about the herd of turtles, but you might have to change it soon,
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Awesome. I do the same thing. If I feel good I just keep going until I don't, because I know there are days I'm NOT going to feel good and might stop before I should.
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    WOW Congratulations Julie! I can't wait til I can say the same thing. Great to see more success with the C25K program :)
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    You are incredible! What a wonderful experience!
  • forestplay
    forestplay Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Congratulations on pushing yourself a bit harder, longer *and* faster!

-Bob
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I love those days when you just feel awesome and can go & go. Great job!! Oh and I"m stealing that orange sign for my facebook
  • stongjos
    stongjos Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!! I'm very proud too for my running today! It makes us feel good doesn't it?