Nomnompaleo April

Options
caribougal
caribougal Posts: 865 Member
My crossfit box is doing an amazing "clean 30" challenge. We join teams, earn points for clean eating, wods, limiting snacks, eliminating alcohol, body fat loss, even hitting sleep goals. I'm impressed with how comprehensive they are. It should be fun and since I eat this way anyway, I'm looking forward to it.

I'm psyched that I'll get an accurate body fat measurement and they're taking before and after shots.

I'm going to make this a nomnompaleo month. I was going through the iPad app and I'm ashamed that I've ignored most of these amazing recipes. So I'm going yo try to make all dinners from the app.

I'm not supposed to track calories or weigh in. Hmmm... Not sure about that. Also, I want to keep up with my 5:2 approach for the month, which goes against the rules. Oh well.

Who's in on a nomnompaleo month? You have to have an iPad to get the app.

Replies

• LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad:

I have a stupid Windows phone & a Kindle.....no iPad so I guess I can't play.

I might as well go pen & paper, that's what cavemen would do....Good luck!
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I would love to do something like that. We eat at restaurants far to much to be able. I have suggested "cooking date night" - one day she picks any recipe (from our wide selection of paleo cookbooks) and I cook it , then visa-versa.
  • daniellealys
    daniellealys Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    this sounds awesome. i am so jealous!
  • caribougal
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad:

I have a stupid Windows phone & a Kindle.....no iPad so I guess I can't play.

I might as well go pen & paper, that's what cavemen would do....Good luck!

Time to spend a few hundred buck to get that free app. :wink:
  • caribougal
    Options
    I would love to do something like that. We eat at restaurants far to much to be able. I have suggested "cooking date night" - one day she picks any recipe (from our wide selection of paleo cookbooks) and I cook it , then visa-versa.

That's a great idea for a date night.
  • caribougal
    Options
    Nomnompaleo eats so far:

3/28: roasted Brussels sprouts. I used bacon grease instead of lardons. Brussels sprout chips. I ate them all myself. Ha ha.
    3/29: roasted broccoli with garlic and bacon.
  • SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    well i don't have an iPad or anything, but i'm in for a paleo only month - had already decided this weekend is the end of all things dairy - and am just getting into cross-fit! You look amazing :)
  • caribougal
    Options
    Thanks, SarahRea32!

I've been delinquent from crossfit for most of march and gone soft. I'm glad to have a challenge to get me back on track.
  • SarahRea32
    Options
    really finding the idea of giving up my whey protein rather hard. what do paleo cross-fitters use post workout? Meat??
  • caribougal
    Options
    They sell whey protein at my crossfit box. But it's from grass-fed and is supposed to be high quality. I haven't tried it.

I think most Paleo people either don't use protein powders and don't worry or they accept the fact that it's not Paleo.
  • SarahRea32
    Options
    Thanks caribougal.

I've decided to just stick to very clean eating, no grains/sugars. But I think I'll keep the whey and if I really want it perhaps a little bit of dairy. I'm making a commitment to stick very closely to my calorie and macro goals for the whole month. My version I guess is a nomnomprimal April!!
  • caribougal
    Options
    April 1: nomnompaleo inspired...

sauteed ****ake mushrooms with coconut aminos and red boat fish sauce. Served with sliders that included magic mushroom powder.
  • caribougal
    Options
    April 1: nomnompaleo inspired...

sauteed ****ake mushrooms with coconut aminos and red boat fish sauce. Served with sliders that included magic mushroom powder.

LOL. I guess I can't use the name of that mushroom. I got asterisked out.