Get ready for the month of April challenge

Options
RichardGaspa
RichardGaspa Posts: 51 Member
The April Challenge...

Walk, Jog, and/ or Run 30 minutes a day for three times a week during the month of April. (or maybe even longer if you are up for it )

Each time you finish your exercises log on here and let us know how it went. Tell us what you done and how long you worked out, Let us know how many calories you burned off and how you done it. You just might give someone else the motivation to do the same.

Ready, set, go!

(return to this thread and update your information daily weekly, whatever works for you) - No Presure!!

Make your personalized ticker from the Myfitnesspal website and set the settings to be public, so we can follow your progress. Stay active not only at home but here in our group. Join in the discussion area, we want to know what your thinking. Do you have an interesting topic you would like to discuss? There are probably others who want to discuss the same topic. Post your new comments or ideas here in the group. Log back in frequently. -

Replies

• josephe
    josephe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the group and am going for this challenge in April. I needed to add some regular walking to my workouts.
  • RichardGaspa
    Options
    I'm new to the group and am going for this challenge in April. I needed to add some regular walking to my workouts.

Welcome to the group, The group is somewhat new as I only created it no more than 12 hours ago. 13 members have joined the group in that shot time including you. My plan is to keep the monthly challenge fairly easy at least for the first couple of months. I think most beginners will be able to due the 30 minuets of exercise three times a week with ease. Hopefully this will give them the motivation they need for the following month when we will up the monthly challenge a bit.

What weight loss goal(s) do you have?
  • francesj9
    Options
    How do you report exercise if it's not weight lifting , etc?
  • RichardGaspa
    Options
    How do you report exercise if it's not weight lifting , etc?

Are you using the website to log your food and exercise or an app on a tablet? If a tablet are you using an IPad?
  • alsoagood1
    alsoagood1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm in Richard. Thanks for the challenge!
  • alsoagood1
    Options
    I have been exercising AT LEAST 30 minutes 2 days in a row. Today I mowed the backyard for the first time. Then I worked in the garden, same yesterday - the garden, not mowing. Love being able to get in the yard and dig, replant and mow - makes me feel alive.
  • alsoagood1
    Options
    Day 3 getting my challenge complete
  • alsoagood1
    Options
    I just got a Polar Heart Rate Monitor/exercise calculator 2 days ago and used it for the 1st time yesterday. I tested it against my bike and treadmill and it was right on the money. It is nice to know that when I walk I can hit the start button and go - I don't have to wear the watch, I can stick it in my pocket because everything comes from the chest band.