F​o​o​d s​u​g​g​e​s​t​i​o​n​s

Options
RichardGaspa
RichardGaspa Posts: 51 Member
Eat raw or steamed veggies. Eat lean proteins. Eat whole fruits. Drink lots of water. Mix in any combination.

Remember you can eat whatever you want and still lose weight. The key is to burn more calories each day, than you take in.

So focus on that perhaps, instead of trying to starve yourself. Moderation is the key to most everything. :happy:

When I decided on my "lifestyle change" instead of opting to diet - I cut soda out first. Then from there, I just made sure to make sure I was burning more than I was eating.

Once my body adjusted to my lower caloric intake, I started to cut carbs out, while not cutting out my overall portion sizes ( in fact, I was actually "full," where I had not really felt full before), and that's when the weight melted off. -2 lbs that first week alone doing my own modified diet, and it's been falling off since, due to burning more than I take in - which is a lot of calories. (both eating and burning)

Replies

• RichardGaspa
    Options
    My most basic rule of weight loss is: Don't drink your calories. No sugared drinks, no juice, in fact I don't even drink diet sodas any more. I only drink water. That is the next basic rule. Drink water all day long. Get used to it. I find the day I stop drinking at least 64 ounces of water, is the day I begin my backward slide of gaining weight. It never fails.

I grill everything. To me, simple is best. I have a wonderful seasoning salt that I use on everything, and I grill all of our meats (lean of course) and veggies with a little olive oil and seasoning. Fresh herbs are great, too.

I have a HUGE sweet tooth. Skinny Cow makes a line of chocolate candies that are only 110 calories/pkg. They are just enough to satisfy, and they are expensive so you do not want to eat an entire box at one sitting.

I have done "fat free", "low carb", "HCG drops", "Weight Watchers", and have finally come to the conclusion (for myself) that the best way for me to diet is the age old "calories in" VS "calories out". It is the easiest and best way for me to lose. That means if I exercise more, I get to eat more. That's where this wonderful little gadget comes in. I've lost 27 pounds since I started my Myfitnespal obsession on about 55 days ago. I hope to reach my goal weight of 190 sometime the end of June. Then its off to phase II , another thirty pounds.
  • RichardGaspa
    Options
    Out and about and hungry? Need to eat fast food?

Have you tried the CANTINA BOWL - CHICKEN at Taco Bell? It has citrus-herb marinated chicken, flavorful black beans, guacamole made from real Hass avocados, pico de gallo prepared fresh daily, roasted corn and pepper salsa and a creamy cilantro dressing; all served on a bed of premium Latin rice. It is also available in Steak or Veggie.

It's only 560 calories and believe me; it fills you up. Add water or a diet soda if you have to and your all set. I love it. :tongue:
  • RichardGaspa
    Options
    Eating Well on a Budget

Healthy eating does not have to be expensive. Here are some tips for keeping your calories and budget in balance:

• Planyourweeklymenuinadvance. Make a grocery list and stick to it.
    • Check out the weekly ads for the supermarkets with the best sales.
    • Clip coupons. Choose only ones that you will use and are a real cost-saver.
    • Try not to shop when you are hungry.
    • Compare store and generic brands for the best buy.
    • Take advantage of sales. Cook in bulk and freeze or use left overs for future meals.
    • Stretch costly meals (like meat dishes) by adding lots of vegetables.
    • Read food labels to get the best nutrition and the most value for your money.
    • Choose fresh fruit and vegetables that are in season. Visit your local farmers market for produce.
    • Fruit and vegetables are canned or frozen at the peak of freshness. Choose fruit that is frozen, unsweetened or canned in its own juice.
    • Beans,peas,eggs,canned tuna (packed in water) and peanut butter are good sources of protein and good buys.
    • Grow your own vegetables,fruit or herbs.

Do you have any more ideas you can add to the list. List them here.
  • RichardGaspa
    Options
    Snack Attack

Only 50-75 Calories

1 medium piece of fresh fruit or 1⁄2-1cup of cut fruit

1 cup raw vegetables such as sliced peppers, mushrooms and tomatoes with 2 tablespoons hummus or fat free salad dressing

2 saltine crackers with 2 teaspoons peanut butter

Try it .... You might even like it! :bigsmile: