Why am I seeing Oreo cookies?

Options
RichardGaspa
RichardGaspa Posts: 51 Member
Why am I seeing Oreo cookies?

I am sitting here on the kitchen table writing a few updated messages in the Veteran Weight Loss Support Group discussion area. You of course noticed there are ad's to the right of the discussion area. This is how Myfitnesspal.com makes it money and is able to operate this website.

The problem is the ad that I am looking for is for Oreo cookies. This is torture! I love Oreo cookies. Don't you think food items should be banned from the ad listing on this site. I have will-power but this is crazy. :mad:

Replies

• francesj9
    Options
    That's to funny ,as in , humorous! I have in the past craved sweets of all kinds. But recently my Dr. found out I was lacking in some vitamins (B 12, D3, and iron) So I've added those to my pill lineup as well as a multi-vitamin. Also I've had one of my meds increased, and one deleted because my A1c is gotten in a safe range. (6.0) I've also started to eat fruit at each meal. If I just keep thinking about a food (usually happens when I'm tired) I will have a reasonable serving. But I do agree with you, food ads are just plain wrong!! At least on this site.

I thought I introduced myself, but it appears I sent it to myself. This is a new site for me. It may take me a while to figure it's ins and outs. If you didn't get my introduction let me share a few facts. I have never been in the military. I have two brothers that were. My twin brother was in the army in vietnam. He remained for nine years. Then he spent the next 38 years working in law enforcement.When he retired his PTSD kicked in big time. He is highly disabled and everyday is a struggle. We talk frequently and have weight loss as a common issue as well as being close as twins. He walks a tremendous amount, but I live in Montana and the winters tend to keep people in. Planning to move to Reno in June to be closer to my children and grandson, which should leave me little excuse. I am liking the system for accountability on this web site. I appreciate any insight you and
    other newbies might have and look forward to future sharing.