Does TDEE really work

I have used my TDEE, for just under a week, my weight is fluctuating by about a pound up and down, I also do British military fitness
three times a week, this being my third week.
The weight I am now I have been stuck at since December, I reduced my calories and still nothing but now I have upped them to my TDEE, hope it works, just feel now that I am eating to much, and how long should it be before I start losing, for all what I have eaten I have not gained lots like I initially thought I would, also my hands are now warm all the time as before they were freezing.

Replies

• colleen3115
    colleen3115 Posts: 69 Member
    The time of your TDEE reset will vary depending on a lot of factors. I hate to say it, but read the stickies at the top, they will give you a lot of the info you need.
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    You need to do it for a few weeks to see what works. Less then a week is not enough time. Your weight flucuates daily all the time. I have been doing TDEE -20% for 3 months & have lost 18 lbs. I never feel hungry & am able to eat what I want when I want with reasonable portions. Don't give up!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    I have used my TDEE, for just under a week, my weight is fluctuating by about a pound up and down, I also do British military fitness
    three times a week, this being my third week.
    The weight I am now I have been stuck at since December, I reduced my calories and still nothing but now I have upped them to my TDEE, hope it works, just feel now that I am eating to much, and how long should it be before I start losing, for all what I have eaten I have not gained lots like I initially thought I would, also my hands are now warm all the time as before they were freezing.

Ditto's to reading the stickies.

If you are saying what you mean, you are misunderstanding some fundamentals.

You will not lose any weight eating at TDEE.

Good job getting your metabolism back at least partially by feeling warmer.