Salt, Sugar, Fat

Options
EIEIElenaO
EIEIElenaO Posts: 101 Member
When I curl up with a good book, usually it's some delicious novel. But lately, I've been listening to a lot of non-fiction on the treadmill. Currently, I am "reading" Salt, Sugar, Fat by Michael Moss.

I've always been interested in these kinds of food topics. I've read all of Michael Pollan's books (like Omnivore's Dilemma). Weight's been an issue for me my whole life. I find that while we each have full responsibility for what we put in our mouths, it is also fascinating to peek behind the curtain and see things from different angles.

Anybody else out there picked up this book yet?

Replies

• wonlife
    wonlife Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Not yet, but I plan on it after seeing the author on "The Daily Show". I was fascinated by just the 5 minute interview!
  • EIEIElenaO
    EIEIElenaO Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I saw that interview too. You've reminded me that I need (for the first time) to go to their site and watch the longer version.

And if you like your books in paper form, I saw it at CostCo (Austin, TX). (Don't know if that's a nationwide offering.)
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I am #50 on the waiting list at the local library. I , too, read a lot on this topic. I keep 2 reading journals - one for health related books and the other for the rest of my reading.

Let us know what you think about the information.
  • Resa52
    Resa52 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm on the waiting list at the library for this!