This works!!!!!

Options
suzeexoxo
suzeexoxo Posts: 170 Member
I had only lost 1lb after a week if doing insanity and consuming 1000 calories and not eating my exercise calories. Then I posted stating I was disappointed at my small 1lb loss. Everyone that commented stated I needed to consume alot more calories if I wanted to see a bigger difference and to avoid my body into going in starvation mode. Well I listened and up my calories and been eating my exercise calories and guess what!!!! 4.4 lbs lost after doing this for 7 days I am amazed and happy! Motivated more than ever to continue my insanity program and healthy calorie consumption! Eating more to lose weight works for sure :)

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    That is awesome.
  • holliwood97
    holliwood97 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Way to go.!!! yep you dont have to starve.!!! cant eat and enjoy and Lose!!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I had only lost 1lb after a week if doing insanity and consuming 1000 calories and not eating my exercise calories. Then I posted stating I was disappointed at my small 1lb loss. Everyone that commented stated I needed to consume alot more calories if I wanted to see a bigger difference and to avoid my body into going in starvation mode. Well I listened and up my calories and been eating my exercise calories and guess what!!!! 4.4 lbs lost after doing this for 7 days I am amazed and happy! Motivated more than ever to continue my insanity program and healthy calorie consumption! Eating more to lose weight works for sure :)

Congrats on making the mind over.

Now make sure it really is no matter the results. Why?

Because 4.4 lbs is mainly water weight you probably realize. If even possibly fat in 7 days, that would imply a daily deficit of 2200 calories. Since you probably didn't even eat that much, some of course water.
    Which of course makes me wonder how you lost that much water, which that much would usually be when taking a big deficit.
    Not weighing the day after a workout day, right?
    Or last weigh-in day was valid too, morning after rest day eating normal sodium levels, so no inflated gain?

Since this whole method is based on being realistic now and for the future, just wanted to make sure you had realistic view of that loss, so any changes don't devastate you.

But great work holding steady on what probably felt a scary idea.