BHR: + .02
    BMI: +0 .6
    Bust: -
    Waist: -1 inches
    Hips: -0.75 inches
    Upper Arms: +0 .5 inches
    Thighs: -0.25 inches
    Calves: -

Still need to take pics. ^^ I think I'm happiest about my body fat percentage starting to drop. Slowly but surely.
  • yankee_grl
    Options
    WORKOUT 5 SUCKS!

That's all for today :)

Ditto
  • JillStone17
    JillStone17 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Starting Measurements
    4/1

Weight: 122
    Body Fat: 25.9%
    Waist to Hip Ratio: 0.70 (Good)
    Bust to Hip Ratio: .84
    BMI: 20.9
    Bust: 32 inches
    Waist: 26.5 inches
    Hips: 37.75 inches
    Upper Arms: 10 inches
    Thighs: 22 inches
    Calves: 13.5 inches
    Lean Body Mass: 90.36 pounds
    Fat: 31.6 pounds

End of Month 1 (Phase 1)
    4/29

Body Fat: 25.6%
    Waist to Hip Ratio: 0.69
    Bust to Hip Ratio: .86
    BMI: 21.5
    Waist: 25.5 inches
    Hips: 37 inches
    Upper Arms: 10.5 inches
    Thighs: 21.75 inches
    Lean Body Mass: 93.3 pounds
    Fat: 32.1 pounds

Lost/Gained

Weight: +3.4 pounds
    Lean Body Mass: +2.94 pounds
    Fat: +0.5 pounds
    Body Fat Percentage: - .03
    Waist to Hip Ratio: -.01

Still need to take pics. ^^ I think I'm happiest about my body fat percentage starting to drop. Slowly but surely.

Great loss! How do you calculate the body fat? Are you using calipers?
  • ravensgirl87
    ravensgirl87 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Oh no!!! I guess it IS true about workout 5 :( I will be doing it today and doubling on 6 and cardio 2 tomorrow to get back on track. I gained a pound back last week... But my workouts got out of sync and I ate terribly since we were in the process of planning my grandmothers funeral and were driving around A LOT. thanks everyone for the recipe suggestions. I will be looking into those today.
  • ravensgirl87
    Options
    And now I can speak from experience about workout 5.... OUCH!!!! I think my triceps almost jumped out of my arms! Does anyone else find those crab puships hard? They hurt with both feet in the ground... Let alone lifting your legs!
  • RoadsGHarper
    Options
    Starting Measurements
    4/1

Weight: 122
    Body Fat: 25.9%
    Waist to Hip Ratio: 0.70 (Good)
    Bust to Hip Ratio: .84
    BMI: 20.9
    Waist: 26.5 inches
    Hips: 37.75 inches
    Upper Arms: 10 inches
    Thighs: 22 inches
    Lean Body Mass: 90.36 pounds
    Fat: 31.6 pounds

End of Month 1 (Phase 1)
    4/29

Body Fat: 25.6%
    Waist to Hip Ratio: 0.69
    Bust to Hip Ratio: .86
    BMI: 21.5
    Waist: 25.5 inches
    Hips: 37 inches
    Upper Arms: 10.5 inches
    Thighs: 21.75 inches
    Lean Body Mass: 93.3 pounds
    Fat: 32.1 pounds

Lost/Gained

Weight: +3.4 pounds
    Lean Body Mass: +2.94 pounds
    Fat: +0.5 pounds
    Body Fat Percentage: - .03
    Waist to Hip Ratio: -.01

Great loss! How do you calculate the body fat? Are you using calipers?

There's actually a bunch of calculators on the web for it. I use several of those and calipers and take an average, but really, they all pretty much say the same thing anyway. Sadly, lol.
  • tallieterp
    tallieterp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    alright ppl.... after a week and a half away to rest my hip i'm going to tackle workout 5 again.... it might kill me but you know it's gotta be done!!!! let's get it!
  • JillStone17
    Options
    alright ppl.... after a week and a half away to rest my hip i'm going to tackle workout 5 again.... it might kill me but you know it's gotta be done!!!! let's get it!

Glad you're back tallieterp!

Since I have been doing Cardio 2 since the 2nd week of the program I decided to do Cardio 3 today....WOW....it wasn't impossible but I'd be lying if I said I didn't poop out on a couple of the exercises. Burned 250 calories which I think is the most I've burned with any of the workouts so that was good. I will probably keep doing Cardio 3, maybe mix in Cardio 2 if I start getting bored again. I usually only do her cardio once a week and run the other day.

RoadsGHarper, I found a website for body fat where is uses your height, weight and waist measurement and it said I was 26%.....seems right I guess? lol Something to strive towards. I like having another thing to compare besides weight and inches. BMI is 21.5 but that's just based on weight and height and with this program I don't see myself losing much more weight, more than likely I'm going to gain.

Have a great day everyone!
  • gatx
    gatx Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I finished JMBR at the end of last year and was successful. Since then, I've done other workouts, gone on a cruise, lost control of my eating :( and have gained back a few of the pounds that I lost.

I think I am going to restart stating with Phase 2 (I lent a friend my Phase 1 booklet!). So I think I am on track with you! I am going to do a bit of a hybrid but I was successful my first time around because of this forum... so I hope you don't mind if I join in.

Did WO5 this a.m.... and I didn't remember it that well. I remember crab dips and not liking those ha! But overall it was good to do it again. I felt like there wasn't much interaction with the 'cast'. I do like Kenta upfront :) nice eyecandy... but no funny Mimi moments makes it a little boring.

good luck everyone!
  • JillStone17
    Options
    Ok AGAIN....workout 5 sucks! lol That third circuit where she hits your shoulders like over and over and over again! OMG! I was dying, I couldn't finish some of the exercises! I guess I have something to work towards. I did, however burn the most calories I have ever burned with a strength DVD I think.

How is everyone else doing? I'm definitely feeling all the workouts getting much harder, makes me scared for phase 3!

Have a great day!
  • gatx
    Options
    Did WO6 this morning. I liked it a lot. Its funny the first time I did JMBRI used 3/5/8 pound weights and now I am using 5/8/12. I feel like I could use 15 lbs on a few exercises! So that made me happy.

Not the supermans though. Not sure why I struggle with those weights! OW!

Great job on circiut 3, Jill. Just think of how your shoulders will look in tank tops this summer! :)
  • JillStone17
    Options
    Hey you runners.......do you run in the afternoon after strength in the morning? I'm finding that so difficult! My runs suck! On Saturdays I try to go in the morning and I'm fine. Anyone else experience this
  • JillStone17
    Options
    Did WO6 this morning. I liked it a lot. Its funny the first time I did JMBRI used 3/5/8 pound weights and now I am using 5/8/12. I feel like I could use 15 lbs on a few exercises! So that made me happy.

Not the supermans though. Not sure why I struggle with those weights! OW!

Great job on circiut 3, Jill. Just think of how your shoulders will look in tank tops this summer! :)

gatx, I did think about my shoulders in a tank top through that whole thing! lol It was painful!

Supermans with weights really suck, I know they are good for me though. I'm also using heavier weights as we move on...I might need to pick up some 15's soon!

Ready for my last strength training tomorrow. I need a nice long slow run on Saturday and then a good rest day Sunday.
    Have a good night everyone!
  • gatx
    Options
    Cardio II this morning... man those freakin' burpees. For some reason the criss-cross jumping jacks always kill me... I am so out of breath by the time they come... its a struggle.

Too funny Jill... my plan is to go for a run tomorrow morning. I did C25k my first round of Jillian and ran a 5k on Thanksgiving. Snowy winter/cold spring meant not much running for me. I ran 3 miles last weekend and had to stop more than I'd like! I am planning to run this weekend too and hope my stamina builds.

As for weights... I kept an eye on Sears.com. They seemed to have the best deals and you can do in-store pickup so they are waiting for you. The prices seemed to change daily with all these random sales they have. I got my 15s for like $8/each through Sears and others stores its $1/pound. (I am cheap :)
  • JillStone17
    Options
    Well no one has been on here all weekend so I guess I'll post something :)

Only ran 4 on Saturday, my running friend wasn't feeling up for any longer so we went with 4. Felt so much better than in the afternoon!

This weekend I've kind of eaten whatever I want. Not really over doing it but definitely going over calories. I think I'll be ok. I like being a little lax on the weekends. It makes it easier to get through the work week when I have something to look forward too.

I'm really noticing differences in my body lately. A pair of capris that are ALWAYS tight were needing to be pulled up all day long! Progress for sure!

Looking forward to the new week and pushing myself harder.

Have a great week everyone!
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Now that I'm doing C25K, I'm trying to figure out how to work JMBR around it. I'm doing one month of each phase to stretch the program out to six months. I've been running in place of cardio, but doing cardio when I need an extra workout due to eating or because I just feel like it.
  • ravensgirl87
    Options
    Finally back on track this week!! I had to double up a couple of days but I'm back to where I should be. Which do you guys think is worse... Circuit 3 in wo 5 when your shoulders are screaming? Or circuit 4 in wo 6 when she kills your abs? BOTH suck to me!!!!!!

I've gained back 2 of the pounds I lost :( when my grandmother died two weeks ago we ate out a lot (there was a lot of travel time in the car ) plus people made me some yummy food! I couldn't say no to homemade food!!! But clearly I should have....
  • JillStone17
    Options
    I can deal with her killing my abs but the circuit three in 5 is the WORST for me! I cuss her out the whole time!

I wouldn't worry too much about the weight gain, that muscle you're building will burn it off fast I'm sure. Two more strength and then we're to workout 7 and 8!! Ahhhhh I'm scared!
  • ravensgirl87
    Options
    I can deal with her killing my abs but the circuit three in 5 is the WORST for me! I cuss her out the whole time!

I wouldn't worry too much about the weight gain, that muscle you're building will burn it off fast I'm sure. Two more strength and then we're to workout 7 and 8!! Ahhhhh I'm scared!

Yeah it's a good thing Jillian can't hear the things I say sometimes.... I'm pretty sure she'd hate me!! I'm almost wondering if I should give 5 and 6 another week. They are still difficult for me... Although I can say they aren't nearly as difficult as the first time I did both of them. Those crab push ups still kill me. In fact, my elbow gave out during the last set of them today and I landed on my butt.

Are anyone else's knees giving them problems??? Those rock star jumps and plie hops kill me knees!!! I slammed the car door into my left knee last week (I swear it takes some special talent being me sometimes) so that one especially really hurts!!!!!
  • JillStone17
    Options
    Did some rough measurements this morning. Looks like I'm down in some areas. Still waiting for my thighs to kick in. They've been the same the whole time and Lord knows we work them. DVD's 7 and 8! I'm scared. I watched 7 it looks brutal, pushups while bringing your knee forward, is she kidding? Oh well, I'll try it I guess. If worse comes to worse I'll go to my knees. I'd like to be able to do them though.

Have a great Mother's Day to those of you who are mothers. See you all Monday with DVD 7!